Accounting Technology Associate's Degree Overview
Accounting is often called the language of business. Business owners, executives, managers and other decision-makers rely on accountants to give them relevant, understandable financial information. In today's rapidly changing environment, accountants must be prepared to deal with increasingly complex concepts and accounting procedures
College of Business and Innovation Highlights
- High-touch, high-tech environment - Students study and practice with the tools, software and situations they'll encounter in the business world thru fully equipped learning labs.
- Internships - More than 85 percent of students do an internship. Through our connections and placement support, we help students secure a position in town or across the country.
- High placement rate - About 80 percent of our students find jobs after graduation; this has remained consistent, even with the economic downturn.
- New facilities - Our new Savage & Associates Complex for Business Learning and Engagement opened in 2009 and our Stranahan Hall was completely renovated in 2011. Our students learn in some of the newest and most innovative spaces on campus.
- Our sales program is ranked top in the country - Bottom line: if you want to get into sales, the UT College of Business and Innovation is where you should go to get your degree.
- We offer many major-minor combinations - We offer bachelor's degrees in 13 different areas of business, with a major and minor in each for students to mix and match.
Graduates of accounting technology are prepared to fill entry-level accounting positions in public, private and governmental accounting departments and organizations. These positions may be in payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, sales, or finance. Employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow.
This degree can be completed 100 percent online, in addition to the traditional classroom setting. Minimum computer skills are advised for online distance-learning courses, such as Internet navigation, e-mail and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Accounting Technology Associate's Degree Curriculum