Finance Bachelor's Degree Overview
A career in finance is about managing money.
And there’s nowhere better to get an in-depth understanding of how to acquire, manage and invest corporate funds than The University of Toledo. Our accredited College of Business and Innovation is ranked one of the best business schools in the country by Bloomberg Businessweek.
Finance majors receive a broad, in-depth education in financial institutions, financial markets, security analysis and investments. You can specialize in:
- Corporate finance
- Investment management
- Financial institutions
- Financial services
Finance Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Top business school. UToledo’s College of Business and Innovation is one of just 5% of business colleges worldwide to earn accreditation. We offer outstanding support, faculty and resources.
- Network and learn. Meet working professionals inside and outside the classroom.
- On-campus trading room. Take interactive courses in UT’s John B. and Lillian E. Neff Trading Room. This special facility is one of only 30 in the U.S. offering students live and delayed feeds from all of the world's stock exchanges.
- Manage a $2 million fund. Undergraduates in the Student Managed Portfolio class get invaluable experience as they manage investments for the UT Foundation. Students act as financial analysts and portfolio managers. They research, invest, prepare quarterly reports and present to the board of the UT Foundation’s investment committee.
- Get involved. UToledo has a strong, active chapter of the Student Financial Management Association.
Financial markets change rapidly and are constantly evolving. The need for astute financial managers with strong analytical and presentation skills continues to grow.
UToledo finance graduates have many options. Most find jobs with:
- Finance departments of firms
- Banks, mutual funds and other financial institutions
- Government agencies
- Charitable organizations
They may work as:
- Bond brokers
- Financial analysts
- Venture capitalists
Finance Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
Finance Bachelor’s Degree Sample Classes
- Legal Environments of Business
- Principles of Manufacturing-Service Systems
- Managerial and Behavioral Processes
- Financial Markets and Institutions
Internship Opportunities for Finance Bachelor's Degree
The vast majority of business undergraduates complete paid internships. These experiences allow UToledo students to work with professionals in the finance field while earning college credit and a paycheck. Many internships lead to full-time employment following graduation.