Healthcare Administration Bachelor's Degree Overview
Health care is a rapidly growing and ever more complicated field. That’s why the demand for skilled health-care administrators is expected to grow faster than the national average for other occupations.
The University of Toledo’s healthcare administration program gives students the knowledge and skills to manage health-care organizations. Take courses in quality improvement, leadership and management, problem solving and financial management.
UToledo students graduate with a minor in business in our four-year program. They get practical experience through internships in hospitals and other health-care organizations.
UT also offers a 2+2 program for working professionals who already have an associate’s degree in a health-related field. Earn your bachelor’s degree in just two years.
Healthcare Administration Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Faculty with experience in the field. UT instructors know what they teach. They’ve worked for hospitals, insurance companies and other health-care organizations.
- Internships. 90% of healthcare administration majors complete an internship. This gives them an advantage in the job market.
- Network. Join the University of Toledo Healthcare Administration Student Association. Beef up your leadership skills and meet professional health-care managers who work in the community.
UToledo graduates of the healthcare administration program are well prepared for administrative positions in:
|Hospitals||Health insurance companies|
|Long-term care and outpatient facilities||Public health organizations|
|Physician offices||Other health organizations|
|Mental health organizations|
Many health-care administrators eventually enter graduate school. A master’s degree is often required for employment as a senior-level health care executive.
Healthcare Administration Bachelor's Degree Plan of Study
UT updates course offerings to stay relevant to current issues in health-care management.
Healthcare Administration Bachelor’s Degree Sample Classes
- Introduction to Healthcare Administration
- Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Leadership and Management in Health Care
- Problem Solving in Healthcare Administration
- Health-care Finance
View Plan of Study
Internship Opportunities for Healthcare Administration Bachelor's Degree
Nearly all of our undergrads complete an internship. Undergraduates gain practical experience in a hospital, nursing home, insurance company or other health-care facility.