Mechanical Engineering Technology Bachelor's Degree Overview
Hands-on skills and creative problem solving — that’s the focus of the accredited mechanical engineering technology program at The University of Toledo in Ohio.
UT MET majors learn how to develop, implement and supervise advanced mechanical systems and processes. We prepare students with the practical knowledge to enter careers in automotive and building design, mechanical system design, automation and control, invention and entrepreneurship.
Undergraduates get real-world engineering experiences through class projects and optional co-ops. UToledo also offers entrepreneurship and service opportunities.
Mechanical Engineering Technology Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Hands-on focus. Our students spend a lot of time in the lab and working on real-world projects. Their senior capstone design project culminates with presentations to peers and professionals at the Senior Design and Undergraduate Research Expo.
- Co-op experiences. UToledo engineering technology students have the option to complete three semesters of work in the engineering industry.
- Leadership and networking. Join student chapters of professional associations, such as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) or The University of Toledo Society of Professional Engineers (UTSPE).
- Diverse, experienced faculty. UT’s MET faculty has decades of experience. Their strong industrial backgrounds allow them to bring current and practical applications to their classrooms. Their specialties include:
- Renewable energy
- Aerospace engineering
- Structural engineering
- Computer-aided engineering
- Material science
- Options. UToledo is a comprehensive university with extensive offerings. Many MET students pursue minors in business administration through the College of Business and Innovation, one of the country’s best business schools. Others dual major in other engineering fields, such as electrical engineering technology, information technology or computer science and engineering technology.
UToledo mechanical engineering technology graduates find work in:
- Engineering consulting
They have been hired as:
|Equipment engineers||Project engineers|
|Production engineers||Sales professionals|
|Tool designers||Quality control engineers|
Companies who have hired UT MET graduates include:
|Dana Holding Co.||Norplas Industries|
|Glasstech Inc.||Sigma Technologies|
|Honda Motor Co., Ltd.||Teneko|
Many of our graduates pursue masters of business administration (MBA) degrees and master’s degrees in mechanical engineering and general engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Technology Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
Mechanical Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Degree Sample Classes
- Metal Machining and Processes – NC Applications
- CAD and Drafting: Technical Drawing – CADD - SolidWorks
- Technical Thermodynamics
- Chemistry – Applied Materials Science
- Fundamentals of Electricity – Automatic Control Systems
Internship Opportunities for Mechanical Engineering Technology Bachelor's Degree
UToledo MET students can choose to complete optional, three-semester, co-op work experiences. The College of Engineering’s Career Development Center help students find valuable placements.