Multi Age Education Pre K - 12 Bachelor's Degree Overview
This program prepares candidates to teach specialty subjects for learners for grades pre-kindergarten through 12. We offer three different content areas including (a) visual arts education; (b) music education; or (c) foreign language education (Spanish, French, or German). In the first two years of the program students focus on courses in their content area, as well as core courses in education. As juniors, students begin their professional education sequence. This includes courses in teaching methods and field experiences in local school classrooms.
College of Education Highlights
- Four years to complete all bachelor's degree programs - Once students start as education majors, they can finish any program within four years.
- More field placements - Our college gives students several field placements in different settings and schools before they start student-teaching. This means they are better prepared for the classroom.
- Focus on math and science education - Much of the demand in Ohio and other states is for teachers in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields. Thanks to our partnerships, grants and faculty research, we are a leader in these areas of teacher preparation.
- Better preparation for teaching in urban and diverse settings - Thanks to our close partnerships with Toledo area schools, our students get experience and coursework centered around the unique needs of today's students.
- Master's, education specialist and Ph.D. programs - Our undergraduate students benefit from the high-caliber faculty and resources that are attracted by these upper-level programs.
- 2+2 completion program for Early Childhood - We offer a program for individuals with an associate's degree working in a day care to earn their bachelor's degree within two years, completely online.