Pre-Business Associate's Degree Overview
The prebusiness administration program is designed to allow students to achieve an associate degree and then transfer into a bachelor program in business. The program is geared toward students who feel more comfortable in small class-size environment or who could benefit from assistance in preparing for the rigor of college-level academics.
The prebusiness administration program allows students to gather knowledge about the real world of business through theories and concepts to provide the best possible learning experience. For many students, achieving a short-term goal (associate degree) on the way to a long-term goal (bachelor degree) is the preferable educational route.
College of Business and Innovation Highlights
- High-touch, high-tech environment - Students study and practice with the tools, software and situations they'll encounter in the business world thru fully equipped learning labs.
- Internships - More than 85 percent of students do an internship. Through our connections and placement support, we help students secure a position in town or across the country.
- High placement rate - About 80 percent of our students find jobs after graduation; this has remained consistent, even with the economic downturn.
- New facilities - Our new Savage & Associates Complex for Business Learning and Engagement opened in 2009 and our Stranahan Hall was completely renovated in 2011. Our students learn in some of the newest and most innovative spaces on campus.
- Our sales program is ranked top in the country - Bottom line: if you want to get into sales, the UT College of Business and Innovation is where you should go to get your degree.
- We offer many major-minor combinations - We offer bachelor's degrees in 13 different areas of business, with a major and minor in each for students to mix and match.
Anassociate of arts degree will be awarded, but this degree is for transfer purposes only. By itself, the degree is not designed for entry directly into the workplace and does not prepare graduates for technical positions. If you are interested in technical employment, you should pursue one of the other associate degree technology programs. However, upon completion of a bachelor's degree in business, job opportunities are unlimited.
Pre-Business Associate's Degree Curriculum