Spanish Bachelor's Degree Overview
Spanish is the second-most spoken language in the U.S. and the world. Bilingual professionals are in high demand.
A Spanish degree from The University of Toledo can move your resume to the top of the pile in many fields, including business, medicine and social work.
UToledo undergraduates in Spanish learn how to converse and conjugate verbs. But just as important, they study culture and learn to become culturally sensitive global citizens.
Spanish Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Study abroad is strongly encouraged. UToledo’s Center for International Studies and Programs helps place students. Faculty also lead international trips.
- BA/MBA program. Earn your bachelor’s in Spanish and an MBA with a concentration in international business in just five years. UT’s accredited College of Business and Innovation is nationally ranked.
- Minor or double-major in Spanish. Get an edge in the job market. Our Spanish curriculum dovetails well with art history, film, English, French, German, history, political science, psychology and other majors.
- Walk-in placement tests so you find the right class to match your skill level.
- The Foreign Language Learning Center provides the latest technology and tools:
- International satellite TV
- Computers with online exercises
- Foreign-language comic books, magazines and films
- Heritage speakers. If you grew up in a Spanish-speaking family, but aren’t fully fluent or want to learn more about your culture, we welcome you to the program.
- Service learning. Spanish students have participated in community service projects with institutions and organizations, including Toledo SMART Bilingual School, Nuestra Gente community projects and Adelante (a Latino and community resource center).
A Spanish degree from UToledo prepares students for careers in almost any field. Potential employers for foreign language students include:
|Arts, media and the entertainment industry||Museums|
|Banks and financial instutions||Non-governmental organizations|
|Domestic and international businesses||Scientific and professional organizations|
|Schools, colleges and universities||Translation and interpretation companies|
|Government||Travel and tourism industry|
|Industry and commerce|
Some go on to graduate school and seek careers as:
|Business professionals||Linguistics college professors and professionals|
|Education administrators and professionals||Literature college professors|
|International lawyers||Medical and pharmacy professionals|
Spanish Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
Spanish Bachelor’s Degree Sample Classes
- Translation and Interpretation in Spanish
- Latin American Poetry
- Hispanic Cinema
Internship Opportunities for Spanish Bachelor's Degree
If you study abroad, program directors can help you find internships in the countries where you are placed. Undergraduates work in:
|Businesses||Schools (teaching conversational English)|
|Public-service organizations||Museums and libraries|