Important News about College Credit Plus
Application and Materials Deadline:
UT’s College Credit Plus Program: innovative technology, expert faculty and the most course options available to the dual credit student.
The University of Toledo’s College Credit Plus program gives college-bound middle and high school students the opportunity to earn college credit and high school credit simultaneously. This gives students the advantage of starting the transition to college early, while reducing the cost and length of time to receive a degree since they will have already received college credit that can be applied toward their college graduation requirements.
Middle and high school students can take part in the college experience, interacting with full-time college students and university faculty, while experiencing the rigor of college-level courses.
More Courses Available
All courses in the UT catalog are available to CCP students who meet any prerequisites or requirements at the regularly scheduled class time, and many are available online. However, remedial and religion courses are not allowable under the CCP program.
More Access and Guaranteed Transferability
Additionally, a selection of high quality, Ohio Transfer Module compliant general education courses are offered in a variety of modalities. With these courses access is improved and transferability to Ohio public colleges and universities is guaranteed.
To maximize accessibility, convenience and scheduling flexibility, courses can be taken six different ways.
- 100% Online - Synchronous (Set time and day)
- 100% Online - Asynchronous (Anytime. Anywhere)
- Blended (online and classroom) - UT Campus
- Face to Face - Classroom on UT Campus
- Face to Face - Classroom on High School Campus
In addition to the general education courses, there are many entry-level dual credit courses offered that are one hundred percent in the classroom on UT’s campus or online.
Benefits of UT’s College Credit Plus Program
- There is no cost to the student or families for course and instructional materials
- All students are assigned a Success Coach who has the responsibility to ensure that the student has someone with whom they can meet and confer to receive guidance regarding scheduling, advising, University policies or any other questions they may have
- All courses are taken with UT undergraduate students
- All College Credit Plus students are considered UT students and have access to many benefits and student support services
- Credits earned can transfer toward a bachelor’s degree. General education courses offered in the six modalities meet the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM) that guarantees transferability to Ohio universities and colleges
- Courses can integrate virtual labs, simulation center visits and other special resources only UT can offer
- All students have access to their instructor via email; or telephone and in-person during posted scheduled office hours
To find out more about the College Credit Plus program at The University of Toledo download a PDF of our latest brochure.