- Drumline Clinics
June 7 & July 12
- 2014 Drumline Auditions
Saturday, July 31
- 2014 Color Guard Auditions
June 28 & July 19
- Band Day
September 20, 2014
REcources and Info/
Auditions for the Fall 2014 Dancing Rockettes will be held Saturday, April 26, 9am-2pm. Basic audition information is below. If you plan to audition, please click here to complete our Online Audition Registration Form. Contact the coach - Tenethia Beamon - with questions.
10-11:30am Warm-up and technique
11:35-11:45am Review first 4 eight counts
11:45-12:15pm Learn last 4 eight counts
12:15-12:30pm Review attire combination
12:30-12:45pm DANCER BREAK
12:45-2:00pm Dance auditions
Requirements & Expectations for the Audition:
1. Competition dance background ( highly recommended but not required).
2. Recommendation letter from a former dance instructor (Bring with you to the audition).
3. Dance portfolio w/ head shot (Bring with you to the audition.)
4. Video dance combination. A link to a dance combination will be emailed to you. You will be expected to learn the 4 eight counts on your own. During the audition you will learn another 4 eight counts. Then you will perform the entire combination for your audition.
5. Must be able to do: 1. Right, left and center splits; 2. Triple pirouettes; 3. Fiouttes; 4. Disc jumps ; 5. Center leaps ; 6. Jettas ; 7. Calypsos; 8. Illusions ; 9. Leg holds ; 10. Switch leaps; 11. Turnout and technique
Eligibility: Any University of Toledo student or incoming freshman. Applicant must have been accepted and committed to attending The University of Toledo.
Attire: Form fitting dancewear, jazz/ballet shoes, ponytail.
No specific number of Rockettes is chosen. The number depends upon the caliber of applicants as determined by the judges. Candidates selected are members of the band and are subject to the same rules, regulations, and expectations as the other band members. UT Rockettes must audition each year.
Please Contact Us: Let us know you are coming. If you are planning to audition, please contact UT Rockettes Coach, Tenethia Beamon, at email@example.com.