THE ROCKET MARCHING BAND
The University of Toledo Rocket Marching Band is one of the largest and most visible student groups on campus! With over 240 musicians, dancers, twirlers, and color guard, the RMB is a positive source of pride and school spirit for you as well as the entire UT community. It's a GREAT time to get involved! Remember that The RMB:
- Is open to ALL UT students, regardless of major. Engineering, Pharmacy, and Nursing students represent a large number of The RMB's ranks.
- Offers an automatic $1,000 Scholarship for participation! In addition, extra scholarship / stipend monies are available.
- Is a class, which provides a 1-hr. elective credit that will count toward ANY degree.
- Performs in the BEST venue in the MAC. The Glass Bowl seats 26,000 and hosts some of the most exciting college football in the country.
If you have ANY questions about participation in the RMB, please contact the UT Bands Office at 419-530-2217 or contact the director at Andrew.Rhodes@utoledo.edu.
2017 Audition Information
The RMB holds auditions for all sections within the band. EVERYONE should complete the online "Intent to March" form.
- Woodwinds & Brass - Once you are on our Intent to March list, click here for details regarding auditions for the 2017 edition of the RMB. (Current audition material is for 2016. This will be updated in the coming months.
9.17.16) Auditions are open and accepted through Monday, August 1. (Note: this is a separate process from auditioning for the Dept. of Music) Questions regarding
the audition process for woodwinds & brass should be directed to Andrew Rhodes, UT
Director of Athletic Bands: email@example.com.
- Drumline- Auditions for the 2017 season will take place in late Spring of 2017. Questions
regarding workshops and the audition process for the drumline should be directed to
Drew Parent, UT Drumline Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Color Guard- Auditions for the 2017 season will take place in late Spring of 2017. Questions
regarding the audition process for the Color Guard should be directed to Chad Clum,
UT Color Guard Instructor: UTColorguard@aol.com.
- Dancing Rockettes - Auditions for the 2017-18 season will take place in April/May of 2017. Check-out
the Rockettes page! Questions regarding the audition process and future auditions for the Rockettes
should be directed to Devon Hays, UT Dancing Rockettes Instructor: email@example.com.
- Feature Twirlers - Auditions for the 2017 season will take place in April/May of 2017. If you have
questions regarding Feature Twirler auditions, please contact Katie Muczynski, UT
Twirling Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 RMB Leadership
Congratulations to the Student Leadership of the 2016 Rocket Marching Band!
Drum Majors – Dani Armstrong & Adam Miller
Piccolo – Delaney Carnes & Cordaro Murry-Howard
Clarinet – Harold Bollin & Beth Merrick
Alto Saxophone – Olivia Rodriguez & Austin Taylor
Tenor Saxophone – Ryan Cross
Mellophone – George Wechter
Trumpet – Logan Alexander, Lucas Gerweck, Kyle Kissner
Trombone – Alex Cox
Baritone – Alex Miller
Sousaphone – Jarod Schmitmeyer
Drumline – Michael Amos, Zach Bodenmiller, Colleen Carr, Owen Piper
Color Guard – Jess Baum & Andrew Roberts
Dancing Rockettes – Darcie Dominique, Grace Haskin, Natalie Weinrich