About The University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation
The College of Business and Innovation was established in 1930 and is currently the largest professional college on the campus of The University of Toledo. It is also one of only 5 percent of business colleges around the world to receive accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). We take great pride in our student-friendly atmosphere and our state-of-the-art technology. The college currently houses four 24-hour computer labs, including a virtual lab where students can work with laptops outside the confines of a laboratory. All classrooms are multi-mediated and equipped with the latest wireless technology. In addition, the College of Business houses the John B. and Lillian E. Neff Trading Room which offers students access to financial data from around the globe in a real-world environment.
The College of Business occupies The Savage & Associates Complex for Business Learning and Engagement. This 54,000 square-foot facility is a state-of-the-art complex and houses classrooms, five action learning labs and, in addition, serves as a hub for our community outreach and engagement activities.
We house our own Business Career Programs Office which assists in placing students in both internships and permanent career positions. Currently, we work with more than 500 companies and we take great pride in stating that we have a greater than an 80 percent placement rate upon graduation of those students seeking employment.
Our very qualified faculty and staff are here to provide the very best well-rounded college experience for our students, both in and out of the classroom. The faculty bring relevance to the classroom and continuously advance the state-of-the-art knowledge about various topics/issues by translating their cutting-edge research contributions into classroom applications.
Points of Pride
- With 3,000 students, UT COBI is the largest college within The University of Toledo
- Included in Businessweek's Top Undergraduate Business Schools ranking for 2013, ranking #50 for return on tuition investment
- Member of Graduate Management Admission Council
- Eduniversal, an international higher education ranking agency, rates COBI Excellent and includes it as the only Northwest Ohio business school in its list of 180 schools in North America in its fifth edition of the Best 1000 Business Schools in 154 Countries, 2012. Furthermore, Eduniversal ranks COBI’s Human Resources Management program #37 in North America and one of the top 200 HR masters programs worldwide.
- Recognized as one of the Best Business Schools by The Princeton Review since 2008
- Committed to Building Lifelong Leaders for the World of Business with skilled, experienced and compassionate faculty
- Experiences an outstanding relationship with the regional business community, through which approximately 85% of UT COBI students participate in internships
- John B. and Lillian E. Neff Trading Room offers students live and delayed feeds from all of the world's stock exchanges
- Students have an opportunity to manage a $1 million investment fund for the UT Foundation
- Home of the top sales program, the Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales
"Developing Lifelong Leaders for the World of Business.."
- Preparing a diverse body of students for life-long careers as leaders and contributing professionals
- Delivering influential research and publications
- Enhancing the world of business practice and serving as a resource for regional economic development
"Global Scope and Regional Impact - Making a Difference"
To become a global leader among public metropolitan business schools by:
- Integrating disciplinary excellence, principled leadership and technological acumen
- Effectively blending theory and practice, and
- Being highly regarded as a learning partner of first choice for students and the business community worldwide
University Core Values
- Compassion, Professionalism and Respect
- Discovery, Learning and Communication
- Diversity, Integrity and Teamwork
- Engagement, Outreach and Service
- Excellence, Focus and Innovation
- Wellness, Healing and Safety