- Testing Services Home
- Meet the Staff
- Main Campus Test Center
- Scott Park Test Center
- National Standardized Testing
- Distance Learning Test Proctoring
- Career Specific Certifications
Prior Learning Assessment
Military Service Center
- Academic Policies
- Assessment Plan
- Center for Successful Aging
- Diversity Resources
- Maps, Directions
- Office of Accessibility
- Online Learning
- Rocket Solution Central
- Strategic Planning
- Student Organizations
- Testing Services
- UT Learning Collaborative
- Writing Center
Placement Testing: (Phone Number 419.530.1269)
Placement tests and ACT (or SAT) scores are used by our departments to place students into the correct math, chemistry, and foreign language.
Mathematics, Chemistry, and Foreign Languages are multiple choice exams.
A student takes the hard copy test and enters the answers into a computer.
The computer scores the test and is entered in to UT student management system, Banner.
Visit the Office of New Student Orientation website for addition placement testing information:
Please note the following:
- A photo ID is required in order to take any tests.
- Bring Rocket Number and UTAD username and password.
- All tests must be completed by the time the test center closes.
- Items not allowed in the testing room include: food, drinks, cell phones or any electronic devices, backpacks, purses, hats, sunglasses, or key chains. Storage lockers are available on-site for these items. Cell phones must be turned off prior to storage.
- Test Center staff has final determination of what is allowed into the testing room.
Placement Testing Hours:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9:00-4:00
Wednesday and Thursday: 9:00-7:00
(All tests must be completed by close.)
Students must bring a photo ID, their Rocket #Number, and UTAD username/password
Holiday and Semester Break Hours may vary - contact our office to confirm availability.
The Test Center is closed on all University recognized holidays. No appointment is necessary.
Placement Tests Offered:
Mathematics (3) No Calculator, No time limit (“Designed 45 Minutes for average student”)
- Elementary Algebra
- College Algebra
Chemistry 45 Minutes timed, simple scientific calculator allowed (“Like a TI-30”)
Foreign Languages (5) Multiple Choice Type (One Hour Timed)
All Other Foreign Language Placements Tests –such as Chinese and Arabic -are arranged through the Foreign Language Department at 419.530.2606.
English Second Language (ESL) Placement Tests (Blue Book Essay).
One dictionary allowed including electronic.