- CISP Home
- Welcome Message
- Mission & History
- Contact Us
- Meet the Team
- CISP Brochure
- Inquiry Card
Explore Your World
- International Students
- Faculty & Staff
- CISP Information Session
- Request a CISP Presentation
- Global Assistance Resources
- Notary Services
- Scholarships & Travel Grant
- UT Explorers (events)
- Global Voices: International Speakers
- International Food Guide
- Rocket ReCycle
(bicycle loan program for international students)
- International Institutional Affiliations (Letter of Intent & MOU templates)
- International Admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- Student Success Resources
- Student Affairs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Honors College
Snyder Memorial 1000
CISP Travel Grant
The Center for International Studies and Programs (CISP) Travel Grant was established to provide funds for UT students to participate in quality international programs. Funds are generated through students’ general fees and are awarded in amounts from $200 to $1,200. Grant money awarded must be used for international airfare.
- Must be a full-time student on the Main Campus or Health Science Campus
- Must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher
- Must participate in an approved affiliated international program or a UT sponsored international program (faculty-led, exchange, or credit-bearing research)
- Must receive academic credit
- Cumulative GPA
- Airfare cost
- Length of program
- Community outreach experience
- Overall quality of application
- Total amount of financial aid and scholarships received
Travel Grant Deadlines
|Spring 2014:||October 31, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Summer 2014:||March 28, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Fall 2014:||March 28, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.|
College of Medicine - Travel Grant Deadlines
|Spring 2014: (*travel between January - May)||October 31, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Summer 2014: (*travel between June - July)||March 28, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Fall 2014 (*travel between August - December)||June 21, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.|
To be considered for the Travel Grant, you must complete a CISP Education Abroad application (available in CISP). If you are participating in a UT sponsored faculty-led program or exchange program, please submit a copy of your completed program application.
Online Application: CISP Travel Grant Application
Note: The above application is not considered complete until the following document is also submitted via hard copy:
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor or employer in a sealed envelope. Letters of recommendation may be submitted electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: "YOUR NAME-Travel Grant Recommendation Letter"
- Copy of your study abroad program application (faculty-led or exchange). If you've already submitted, please advise the faculty coordinator to provide a copy to CISP.
Hard copies must be mailed to the following address in a sealed envelope before the application deadline:
The University of Toledo
Center for International Studies and Programs
Snyder Memorial 1000; MS 131
2801 W. Bancroft St.
Toledo, Ohio 43606
Attn: Travel Grant
Documents may also be dropped off in our Snyder Memorial Suite 1000 offices.
Additionally, graduate students planning to write a research paper or conduct research abroad should include a copy of their research proposal for the Committees to review.
Travel Grant recipients will be required to volunteer for three hours in the Center for International Studies and Program.
The Committee requires sufficient time to review applications before the selection process begins. Due to this fact, no exceptions can be made on deadline submissions.