|The Center for Performing Arts (see virtual tour of CPA) is located on the southwest corner of the main campus. Completed in 1976 at a cost of $3.5 million, the center houses the University's music, and theater and film departments. The music facilities include an outstanding recital hall with seating capacity of 280, two large rehearsal rooms, three classrooms, 21 teaching suites, 30 practice rooms, a state of the art electronic music studio/MIDI Lab and a piano lab.|
|Concerts for large ensembles take place in Doermann Theatre, located in University Hall. The theatre was named for Dr. Henry J. Doermann, president
of The University of Toledo from 1928-1932. Dr. Doermann directed a performance of
Hamlet in the theatre bearing his name after University Hall opened. President Doermann
oversaw the design and construction of University Hall, and was forced to defend the
architectural design of University Hall against detractors who felt it was an extravagant
waste of money in the middle of the Depression. Today it is recognized as one of the
best examples of Collegiate Gothic architecture in the country.
Doermann Theatre was remodeled in 1996 at a cost of $2 million, and seats 603.