HSHS Bldg.Room 3100
Fax: 419.530.7879 firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR CMHS STUDENTS
Thanks to the generosity of CESP graduate, Ms. Susie Shew, graduate students in CESP may apply to receive a scholarship named in her honor. The scholarship amount is approximately $550.
Toapply for the Shew Schorlarship, you must:
- be a full time graduate student in CESP (full time defined as enrolling in a minimum of 9 hours per semester),
- have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in your CESP graduate program,
- have completed 20 hours of CESP coursework,
- be in good academic standing, with no disciplinary or remediation issues, and
- submit an application essay, as defined below.
The application essay should contain evidence for why you are deserving of this scholarship. The essay should be two to three pages in length, and contain information that addresses how you:
- participate in enrichment opportunities and independently seek out ways to improve knowledge about your profession;
- participate in advocacy/community service activities;
- are active in professional organizations; and
- work to overcome personal bias in social issues.
Application for the Shew Scholarship is typically made during the Fall semester. Interested students should discuss applying with their advisors.