2014 Four-Year College and University Leadership Cohort
!Currently Accepting Applications for this Cohort (Deadline: April 15, 2014)!
Printable flyer on the 2014 Four-Year College and University Leadership Cohort
- Leads to a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree
- Designed for four-year college and university professionals
- Three years of coursework (plus a major examination and dissertation study)
- Intensive 8-week course format for courses in the fall and spring semesters, with half of the class sessions meeting in person, and the other half of the class sessions meeting virtually using technology.
- A required two-week US Summer Leadership Academy in DC and Columbus focusing on four-year higher education policy issues
- A required two-week European Summer Leadership Academy focusing on four-year higher education from a comparative perspective
- A required internship experience under the supervision of a four-year college or university senior leader
Cohort Admissions Information
Admission to the 2014 Four-Year College and University Leadership Cohort is based on the following criteria:
- Currently employed at a four-year college or university.
- A completed College of Graduate Studies admissions form.
- A baccalaureate degree granted by an accredited institution, with a preferred minimum GPA of 2.7.
- A master's degree granted by an accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Official transcripts from all previous higher education institutions attended.
- A letter indicating your commitment to pursuing a career in the field of higher education, and a description of your potential research topic for dissertation study.
- A 1,000-word essay that discusses the most critical issue facing four-year higher education today, the reasons for choosing this issue, and the implications of the issue for the future of four-year higher education.
- Two letters of reference, including at least one from a faculty member who can speak to the ability of the applicant to conduct research and to write at the graduate level.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Cohort Admissions Deadlines
April 15, 2014 is the deadline for the submission of all admissions materials to the College of Graduate Studies website at: http://apply.utoledo.edu/
All applicants with completed admissions materials will be interviewed by the Higher Education Program Admissions Committee on either Thursday, April 24th or Friday, April 25th, 2014. Fifteen applicants will be selected to be members of this inaugural cohort. All applicants will be notified of the committee's admissions decisions on Monday, April 28th, 2014.
Presentation on the 2014 Four-year College and University Leadership Cohort (.pdf file)