- Instructional Team
- Service Learning Scheduling
- Community Forums Hosted by EDU 1700
The goals of having book clubs in EDU 1700 are:
- Students will become acquainted with @ 10 contemporary books written about current schooling issues and approaches about which all teachers need to be informed.
- Students will experience the aspect of professionalism involving collegial discussion of current research.
- Students will gain a beginning understanding of how research is conducted by being
able to compare their own research practices in their
service learning experiences to published research in the canon of educational research.
The objectives are:
- Students will discuss indepth two booklength educational research studies.
- Students will practice proper support of claims (quoting authors and quoting their own service learning research notes) and proper citation/documentation (including the book author, title, and publication information in citing the work, and citing specific page numbers for summarized information and for quotations).
- Students will participate actively in the educational research community by using published research to contextualize their own research.
- Students will practice preparing to present material in front of a class, and presenting that material.