Curriculum & Instruction

Combined Master's Programs

Are you passionate about a teaching a particular subject? Then the MAE or MSE degree can help you advance your career as an educator, whether in a K-12 classroom, at the community college level, or any place from a museum to a metropark. Areas of Study include: Biology, Chemistry, Economics, English, English as a Second Language (ESL), French, Geography, Geology, German, History, Mathematics, Physics, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish.

College Credit Plus teacher credentialing. Through our combined master's programs, teachers can meet the requirements established by the Ohio Board of Higher Education for teaching entry level college courses in their high school or for a community college or university. These programs include 18 cohesive hours of graduate coursework in the subject matter and a master's degree. Prospective students should contact the college for more information about your specific subject area. 

Are you interested in an initial license to teach life science in grades 7 through 12? Then you may be interested in our Licensure and Master's Program (LAMP)


To begin contact or 419-530-5371 to request a Course Review Worksheet. This worksheet outlines what undergraduate content background is required for graduate work in your content area. Let us know which content area you are interested in teaching. We will work with you to complete the worksheet and answer all your questions. 


Apply to the College of Graduate Studies. Select Education and... (MSE) or Education and...(MAE).   

  • Admission to the College of Graduate Studies
  • Minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
  • Minimum content area GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale for your content area is preferred
  • Undergraduate content area coursework for your content area

Apply to the College of Graduate Studies. You will need to submit the following:
  • Course Review Worksheet
  • Official transcripts
  • Purpose statement 
  • Resume
  • Three letters of reference

The Education Specialist is an advanced practioner degree. It is designed for educational professionals and is coursework beyond the master's degree. A master's degree is required for admission. 


(419) 530-5371 or email

Last Updated: 7/17/19