- About the College
- Academic Programs
- Centers, Projects, & Grants
- Student Services
- Research Consultation Center
- UTeach Job Fair
- Give to your College
Licensure AND Master's Program (LAMP)
The one –year Accelerated LAMP is a highly competitive and rigorous program that begins every fall semester and ends the following summer in June. This one-year licensure and master's program is designed to meet the needs of already degreed adult learners and is a comprehensive graduate program. Individuals who already hold a baccalaureate degree in a major other than education can become a licensed teacher in either middle school (grades 4 -9) or adolescent to young adult (grades 7 -12), in the State of Ohio. LAMP graduates earn an initial four-year resident educator license and a Master of Education degree.
- 1-Year Accelerated LAMP Program - Either Middle Childhood or Adolescent to Young Adult
The Licensure Alternative Master’s Program (LAMP) is for people who have a bachelors degree and want to become a licensed teacher. The programs enable a student to get both Ohio licensure and a master’s degree in education. These programs can generally be completed in two years.
We offer a variety of programs at different grade levels:
- Early Childhood -- able to teach grades PreK- Grade 3
- Middle Childhood -- able to teach grades 4 - 9 in two subject areas (math, science, language arts, social studies)
- Adolescent to Young Adult -- able to teach grades 7 - 12 in one subject area (math, science, language arts, social studies)
- Special Education -- grades K-12
- Art -- Multi-age able to teach grades PK-12
- Music -- Multi-age able to teach grades PK-12
- Foreign Language Multi-age-- able to teach grades PK-12 Foreign Language
To learn more about these programs, please contact the LAMP office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some programs require very little undergraduate preparation while others require significant undergraduate coursework in a subject area. The courses you have taken as an undergraduate will determine how long it will take you to complete each of these programs.
The first step is to download the LAMP Application for Review of Coursework, which is found on each program page.Admission requirements:
Students must have an undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or higher.
Additional measures may be used to determine admission to LAMP. These measures may include (but are not limited to) application, GRE, writing samples, interviews, and recommendation letters. In addition, students must be fully admitted to Graduate School. Students must consult with the appropriate advisor prior to applying.