- Summer Leadership Academies
- Master's Program Information
- Doctoral Program Information
- HESA: Higher Education Student Association
- Program Faculty
- Semester Course Schedules
- Doctoral Cohort Schedules
- Course Descriptions
- Higher Education Professional Organizations
- Higher Education Career Opportunities
- Program Feedback
Educational Foundations and Leadership
professional development opportunities
- 2013 China Summer Leadership Academy
- The Higher Education Program is pleased to announce the 2013 China Summer Leadership Academy. For specific questions, please contact Dr. Ron Opp, the China Summer Leadership Academy Coordinator.
- 2013 Professional Master's Cohort
- The Higher Education Program is pleased to announce the start of a Professional Master's Cohort in the Summer of 2013. For specific questions, please contact Dr. Snejana Slantcheva-Durst, the Master's Program Coordinator.
- 2013 On-Campus Master's Program
- The Higher Education Program is inviting applications for the Fall 2013 On-Campus Master's Track. For specific questions, please contact Dr. Snejana Slantcheva-Durst, the Master's Program Coordinator.
- 2014 Four-Year College and University Leadership Doctoral Cohort
- The Higher Education Program is pleased to announce the start of an on-campus Four-Year College and University Leadership Cohort in the Fall of 2014. For specific questions, please contact Dr. Ron Opp, the Doctoral Program Coordinator.
- 2016 Ohio Community College Leadership Cohort
- The Higher Education Program is pleased to announce the start of the Ohio Community College Leadership Cohort in the Fall of 2016 in Columbus. For specific questions, please contact Dr. Ron Opp, the Doctoral Program Coordinator.
The master’s program in Higher Education provides students with a general understanding of the field of higher education. The program combines academic coursework with practical learning and a capstone experience, and aims to prepare students for successful professional careers in diverse higher education settings, including colleges and universities, government agencies, professional associations, and private post-secondary institutions.
The master's program focuses on Higher Education, and is offered in two tracks:
- An On-Campus Master's Track, and
- An Off-Campus Professional Master's Cohort that begins in the summer of 2013.
- There is also a joint degree program allowing students to work concurrently on a JD degree from the College of Law and the M.Ed. degree from the Higher Education Program.
For questions about the master's program, please contact:
Dr. Snejana Slantcheva-Durst
Coordinator, Higher Education Master's Program
Department of School Psychology, Higher Education, and Counselor Education
Gillham Hall 1000G
2801 W. Bancroft Street
Toledo OH 43606
Higher Education Master’s Program Policies
The master’s program in Higher Education at The University of Toledo adheres to the following policies:
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA or above to remain in good standing in the program;
- Students must follow the guidelines set forth by the College of Graduate Studies regarding degree completion timelines; master's students are allowed 6 years to complete their master’s degree;
- If students do not complete degree requirements in the 6-year timeline, they must engage in the appeal process for extension of time; they will also be required to recertify courses dated beyond the 6-year time limit. Students must also adhere to the Higher Education program requirements at the time they near graduation, and not the requirements at the time they were admitted to the program, for the final capstone project