- At least one year of fully-integrated co-op experience for every engineering undergraduate student (one of only 8 such programs in the U.S.) - more than 16,500 placements at 2,200 employer sites in 44 states and 38 countries
- Strong outreach program - visits with more than 100,000 high school math and science students at 1,300 schools.
- Selective admission standards yielding 38% of all UT high school valedictorians, 36% of all UT Honors students, and freshman cohort averages of 3.7 GPA and 26 ACT (84th percentile nationally).
- More than 85% freshman to sophomore retention rate - a 35% increase since the early ‘90s.
- Ranked 18th in the nation for graduate engineering programs by The Princeton Review and also in the top 50 in the nation for its online graduate programs by the U.S. News and World Report.
- Annual research activity exceeding $10M- more than $175K per faculty member.
"We recruit a graduating class... not a freshman class."
Cyber Security, Sensors, & Network
Energy & Environment
- Doctoral program in biomedical engineering offered jointly with the College of Medicine.
- Joint UT baccalaureate degree program - Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - in partnership with the College of Business and Innovation.
- School of Green Chemistry and Engineering in partnership with the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
- McMaster Engineering Library established in partnership with the University Libraries.
- Engineering Center for Orthopaedic Research Excellence (E-CORE) in partnership with the College of Medicine.
- Center for Materials and Sensor Characterization (CMSC) featuring state-of-the-art microscopy.
- Senior Design Clinic - an avenue for students to devise innovative solutions for industrial problems.
- Senior Design & Undergraduate Research Expositiona bi-annual engineering showcase highlighting student ingenuity, innovation and implementation.
- Thomas & Elizabeth Brady Freshman Engineering Entrepreneurship Development (FEED) Program with innovative design curriculum.
- Roy and Marcia Armes Engineering Leadership Institute (ELI)- unique professional development opportunity for outstanding student leaders
- Student Innovation Fund to promote technopreneurship among our students.
- National visiting board of accomplished leaders from industry and academia
Students will partake in:
- Industry/Community Connections & Service Learning
- Undergraduate & Graduate Research
- Rigorous Engineering Curriculum
- Integrated Co-Op Program
- MS, PhD, MBA, JD, MD Opportunities
- On-site Commercialization
- Entrepreneurial & Leadership Training
For further information, please contact:
|Office of the Dean
College of Engineering
The University of Toledo
Toledo, OH 43606