Scholarships and Awards
Important Scholarship Information
New Incoming Students
- First Time Freshman
Learn more about scholarships available to students who enroll directly after high school or as first time Adult students.
- Scholarship Appeal Process
Students who receive renewable admission scholarships are required to maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 and 27 UT credit hours.
- Outside Scholarship Information
All of the information you need if you receive outside scholarships and how to apply them to your tuition at UT.
- University Housing Application
Renewable award for continuing students who plan to live on campus
- Scholarship Recommendation Form
Form to submit if recommendation letters are required for a scholarship
Learn more about scholarships available to students transferring to UT from a 2-year or 4-year institution.
- Engineering Co-op
Students registered for co-op are considered full-time students. Students have the option to receive federal financial aid on co-op.
- Nursing Students and Students on Internship or Studying Abroad
Scholarship information for students whose scholarship semesters may not be consecutive.
- Scholarship Extension Request
Students may request up to two additional semesters of scholarship in order to complete their undergraduate degree.
Search our Scholarships!
- The University of Toledo has many generous donors who support our students by providing hundreds of additional scholarship opportunities. Use our scholarship search tool to find more ways UT can help make your education affordable. Start Searching.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship terms and conditions detail the requirements of your specific scholarship. If you do not find your scholarship listed below, you should check your scholarship award letter for more information.
- Adult Assistance Award
- Blue and Gold Scholar Award
- Deans Award
- Distinguished Scholar Award
- Honors Award
- Housing Assistance Award - OOS
- International Rocket Award
- Michigan Initiative Award
- Online Assistance Award
- Online Out-of-State Assistance Award
- Online Out-of-State Award
- OSFA Departmental Award
- Out-of-State Assistance Award
- Out-of-State Award (DHS)
- Phi Theta Kappa Award
- Prestige Transfer Award
- Regents Award
- Rocket Scholar Award
- Sister City Award
- Sister City Graduate Award
- Tower Scholar Award
- Transfer Assistance Award
- Transfer Out-of-State Assistance Award
- Transfer Out-of-State Award
- Trustee Award
- University Enrichment Grant
- University Housing Award
- UT Achievement Award
- UT Assistance Award
- UT Legacy Award
- UT Transfer Legacy Award
Choose Ohio First Scholarships
The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program awards Ohio colleges, universities and their business partners that have developed innovative academic programs to recruit and retain more Ohio students into STEMM fields. The funding that they receive is used to offer scholarships for those programs to current and potential students. Learn more
The UT Competitive Awards initiative in the Center for International Studies and Programs (CISP) coordinates a centralized effort to assist students with the rigorous process of applying and preparing for prestigious scholarly experiences, such as the Fulbright program or a Rhodes Scholarship. CISP is here to help and guide you through the application process.
Outside or Third Party Scholarships
There are many opportunities for outside scholarships. We encourage you to apply for scholarships from reputable organizations, both local and national. Listed below are some national sites. A word of caution when searching and applying for scholarships: no scholarship application should require a fee to apply. Just like the FAFSA, students may need to apply yearly for scholarships.