- Foundation Home
- Make a Gift
- About Us
- For Donors
- For UT Faculty & Staff
- Publications and Reports
- Contact Us
Driscoll Alumni Center Rm 1002
2801 W Bancroft St MS 319
Toledo, Ohio 43606
Top News Stories
- New Cancer Center Offers 'Higher Degree of Healing'
- UT Moves Forward with Strategic Plan: Imagine 2017
- UT Institutional Advancement Reaches Out to Alumni
- Why I Give: Bill Bollin
- Sig Ep Alumni Remember UT and a Home Away from Home
- Gateway and Alumni Pavilion Celebrate Grand Openings
- Tips for Year-End Giving
- Year-End Finances at a Glance
- UT Partnering with United Way for Community Hub Program
- Foundation Raises Minimum to Establish Nonendowed Funds
- Tom and Mary Wakefield: Biggest Toledo Fans in Michigan
- UT and ProMedica Join Hands for New Scholarship
- Scholarship Honors Long-Time Professor and Administrator
A:The UT Foundation is the official gift-receiving and fund-management organization of The University of Toledo. The mission of the University of Toledo Foundation is to receive and administer private gifts for the benefit of The University of Toledo; to provide effective investment management and fund stewardship; and to nurture increased credibility and donor support through active advocacy to help the University achieve its goals.
Q: Why is a separate Foundation advantageous?
A:As a private, nonprofit organization, the UT Foundation provides investment flexibility and a separation between public and private funding, so that each can be used appropriately. All Foundation records, as well as board meetings, are open to the public.
Q: What specific services does the Foundation provide?
A:The Foundation is responsible for:
- Receiving, recording, receipting, acknowledging and reporting gifts
- Investing funds
- Providing stewardship for fund disbursement
- Maintaining a data base of alumni, donors and friends
- Assisting the alumni relations and development offices in their efforts
Q: How is the Foundation governed?
A:The UT Foundation is governed by a volunteer board of trustees, made up of alumni and community leaders. These individuals help oversee the Foundation's policies and procedures and monitor its finances.
Q: How are the Foundation's operations funded?
A:The Foundation's operating budget is provided through the assessment of an administrative fee, currently 1.25 percent of the endowment's three-year average market value.
Q: Who decides how money is spent?
A:You decide how your gift is used. More than 90 percent of contributions to the Foundation are designated by the donor for a specific purpose or area of use. Criteria for the use of large gifts and endowments are generally outlined in a written agreement between the donor and representatives of the Foundation and the University. Unrestricted gifts are used for priority needs determined by the University.
Q: Who decides how money is invested?
A:To maximize your gift, the investment committee of the Foundation's board of trustees works with several investment managers who manage specific asset classes geared toward their strengths. A master custodian holds and reports assets. The Foundation's spending policy, currently 4.5 percent of the endowment's three-year average market value, preserves the value of the Foundation's endowment, to provide a reliable source of funds for UT's current and future use.
The University of Toledo Foundation
Driscoll Alumni Center Room 1002
2801 W Bancroft ST MS 319
Toledo, OH 43606