Working with the UT Foundation
- Foundation Home
- Fund Creation and Management
- Data Base
- Policies and Procedures
- Forms, Reports and Requests
- Employee Hotline
Driscoll Alumni Center Rm 1002
2801 W Bancroft St MS 319
Toledo, Ohio 43606
Top News Stories
- UT Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Medical College
- UT to Expand and Renovate Larimer Athletic Complex
- Cathy Sheets Gives Back Through Gift Annuity
- Why I Give: Barbara Mauntler
- Lovejoys Hope to Help Students Develop Their Future
- UT Foundation Recognized for Annual Fund, Case Statement
- Jim Findlay: Philanthropist, Friend, and Proud UT Alumnus
- Why I Give: Richard
- Medical Student's Legacy Lives On through Scholarship
- IRA Charitable Rollover: Use It While It's Still Here
- Digital Efforts Cut UTF Costs and Enhance Communication
- Carl Joseph Reading Commons
- New Cancer Center Offers 'Higher Degree of Healing'
- UT Moves Forward with Strategic Plan: Imagine 2017
- UT Institutional Advancement Reaches Out to Alumni
- Why I Give: Bill Bollin
- Sig Ep Alumni Remember UT and a Home Away from Home
- Gateway and Alumni Pavilion Celebrate Grand Openings
- Tips for Year-End Giving
- Year-End Finances at a Glance
- UT Partnering with United Way for Community Hub Program
- Foundation Raises Minimum to Establish Nonendowed Funds
- Tom and Mary Wakefield: Biggest Toledo Fans in Michigan
- UT and ProMedica Join Hands for New Scholarship
- Scholarship Honors Long-Time Professor and Administrator
The UT Foundation can pay a disbursement order in one of three ways:
- Pay a vendor directly
- Reimburse an employee directly for expenses incurred
- Reimburse UT
|Payee:||To whom the check is being made payable.
|Amount:||The amount of each separate expense should be detailed.
|Date:||Dates on which expenses were incurred. Expense reports for expenses incurred on a business trip should include the date the employee left and returned for the trip and the number of days spent on official business.|
|Place:||Name of city or other destination, place where expense took place.
|Description:||Further description of the expense as necessary (including type of entertainment if
it is not otherwise apparent).
Business reason for expense, including business benefit gained or expected to be gained. Where appropriate, should include nature of business discussion or activity.
Occupations or other information (such as names and job titles of persons entertained) that show the business relationship to the employee.
|Receipts:||Original receipts must be attached for all expenses. Original receipts are required to ensure that an
expense has not been reimbursed by another entity. Any expenses for which receipts
are not provided must include an explanation as to why the receipt is not available.
Under no circumstances shall an expense in excess of $75 be reimbursed without an
original receipt. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS IN PLACE OF RECEIPTS.
Photocopies of receipts shall be accepted only when the original receipts have been submitted to another entity—such as UT—for partial reimbursement. Under such circumstances, a copy of the expense report submitted to that entity must be included. The Foundation will only reimburse the portion of expenses not reimbursed by other entities.
Per Diem Rates
The UT Foundation will no longer reimburse per diems. Actual reasonable costs related to business travel are reimbursed from original receipts.
All check requests, check requests and transfers must be approved by two fund administrators for the fund. These two authorized signers are generally one of the following:
- department chair and dean or dean’s delegate (such as a budget manager)
- program director or supervisor and dean or dean’s delegate
In situations where an administrative assistant is an authorized signer, the second signer should be someone other than the administrative assistant's immediate supervisor.
Fund administrators/authorized signers should be listed on all account sheets when new funds are established. Any changes in this authority must be made by one of the fund’s current authorized signers through the completion of an administrator change form.
If you have any question about administrators for a specific fund, please check with the Foundation to see who the authorized signers on file are.