- Foundation Home
- Make a Gift
- About Us
- For Donors
- For UT Faculty & Staff
- Publications and Reports
- Contact Us
Driscoll Alumni Center Rm 1002
2801 W Bancroft St MS 319
Toledo, Ohio 43606
The University of Toledo’s donor giving societies have been reorganized, to more effectively recognize donors across UT’s campuses.
A special committee has completed an extensive study of the pre-merger recognition societies of both The University of Toledo
and the former Medical University of Ohio. The result, according to Vern Snyder, UT’s vice president for Institutional Advancement,
new university-wide program to recognize high levels of annual, cumulative and planned giving.
“We try to say thank you to our donors in as many meaningful ways as we can,” Mr. Snyder said. “Recognition societies provide continuing thanks through our publications, and encourage others to give.”
The new giving societies will be incorporated into the UT Foundation’s annual donor honor roll, which is published on the organization’s website each winter.
The new recognition societies are as follows:
Donors who give between $300 and $9,999 each year for academic purposes will be recognized as Foundation Partners.
The Presidents Club will now honor donors who either made a minimum gift of $10,000 within a fiscal year or who have made a minimum pledge of $10,000 and are actively making yearly payments on the pledge.
Presidents Club members who choose to designate their annual donation entirely to the following colleges are also eligible for that college’s Presidents Club giving society:
- Brunner Society - College of Business Administration
- Dean’s Club - College of Medicine
- Fornoff Society - College of Law
- Healing Hands Society - College of Nursing
- Mortar and Pestle Society - College of Pharmacy
- The 1916 Society - Judith Herb College of Education
Those who give to UT’s athletic programs will continue to be recognized annually through Athletic Donor listings, as well as the existing six levels of the Rocket Fund:
- Century - annual RF gift of $100 to $299
- Blue - $300 - $499
- Gold - $500 - $999
- Executive - $1,000 to $2,499
- Coaches Division - $2,500 - $4,999
- Directors Division - $5,000 and over
Lifetime contributions (including combined giving to both the former MUO and UT) are now honored through these giving societies:
- Arlington-Bancroft Society - donors who have made cumulative gifts or active pledges of $25,000 to $99,999
- Lannon Society - donors at the $100,000 to $499,999 level
- Tower Society - donors at the $500,000 to $999,999 level
- University Society - donors at the $1 million to $5 million level
- Blue and Gold Society - donors with lifetime giving of $5 million or more
Donors who have made a deferred gift to benefit UT, at any level, will be recognized through the Heritage Oak Society.
“Each and every gift to UT is important,” noted Mr. Snyder. “The generosity and thoughtfulness of our donors impacts the lives of our students. Recognizing that thoughtfulness and caring through our giving societies makes every donor a part of The University of Toledo.”
For more information about UT’s donor recognition societies, as well as any privileges, contact Chris Spengler, CFRM, director of UT’s Advancement Relations, at email@example.com or 419-530-4927.