- Foundation Home
- Make a Gift
- About Us
- For Donors
- For UT Faculty & Staff
- Publications and Reports
- Contact Us
Driscoll Alumni Center Rm 1002
2801 W Bancroft St MS 319
Toledo, Ohio 43606
Top News Stories
- 50th Anniversary of the Founding of the Medical College of Ohio at Toledo
- Lovejoys Hope to Help Students Develop Their Future
- UT Foundation Recognized for Annual Fund, Case Statement
- Jim Findlay: Philanthropist, Friend, and Proud UT Alumnus
- Why I Give: Richard
- Medical Student's Legacy Lives On through Scholarship
- IRA Charitable Rollover: Use It While It's Still Here
- Digital Efforts Cut UTF Costs and Enhance Communication
- Carl Joseph Reading Commons
- New Cancer Center Offers 'Higher Degree of Healing'
- UT Moves Forward with Strategic Plan: Imagine 2017
- UT Institutional Advancement Reaches Out to Alumni
- Why I Give: Bill Bollin
- Sig Ep Alumni Remember UT and a Home Away from Home
- Gateway and Alumni Pavilion Celebrate Grand Openings
- Tips for Year-End Giving
- Year-End Finances at a Glance
- UT Partnering with United Way for Community Hub Program
- Foundation Raises Minimum to Establish Nonendowed Funds
- Tom and Mary Wakefield: Biggest Toledo Fans in Michigan
- UT and ProMedica Join Hands for New Scholarship
- Scholarship Honors Long-Time Professor and Administrator
Throughout the University’s history, gifts from generous alumni and friends like you have been vital to UT’s success. Today, your support—whether to UT’s Annual Fund or capital campaign—remains more important than ever as we work together to make The University of Toledo a university of distinction.
Unrestricted gifts, given with no restricted purpose, are especially encouraged. These give the University the flexibility to take advantage of special opportunities and to meet emergency needs. Income from unrestricted endowment funds will be used for priority needs determined by the University.
Donors may designate gifts, including those for unrestricted use, for a particular academic division of the University. Gifts that are restricted for a specific use, such as scholarships, may also be designated for a particular college, department or program.
- Credit Card Gifts: Make your gift here
- Checks: Gifts by check should be made payable to:
The University of Toledo Foundation
P. O. Box 586
Toledo, OH 43697-0586
- Pledges: Donors may make their pledge commitments payable over several years. Call
the UT Foundation at 419-530-7730 or make your pledge online through our secure site.
- Securities: Gifts of stocks and bonds may be made to the UT Foundation. Please contact
a Foundation representative at 419-530-7730, who can explain how securities can be
transferred to the Foundation.
- Real Estate and Other Personal Property: Gifts of real estate, equipment, art, jewelry
and other personal property may be made to the Foundation. Such gifts will be counted
at fair market value as determined by a qualified third-party appraiser, subject to
IRS rules and regulations.
- Matching Gifts: Corporate matching gifts count toward a donor’s total giving and may significantly increase the gift’s value.
Planned or deferred gifts allow donors to make a significant gift that will benefit UT in the future, typically at the donor’s or beneficiary’s death. The UT Foundation welcomes the opportunity to work with donors and their legal and financial advisers to establish planned gift arrangements.
Inmany cases, planned gifts offer donors substantial tax advantages and financial benefits, such as lowered estate tax liability or increased spendable income. Donors should consult with their own advisers as to the specific tax consequences.
For more information on Planned Giving, please see our Planned Giving Site.
For more information on any of these options or additional gift plans, call the UT Office of Institutional Advancement at 419-530-2603 or toll-free at 1-866-848-0002.