WELCOME TO THE COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
- About COGS
- Prospective Students
- New Students
- Current Students
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Graduate Council
- Graduate Student Association
- Fellowships, Scholarships and Awards
- Staff Directory
CONNECT WITH Us
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
The Graduate Access Program at The University of Toledo enables international students seeking graduate degrees to complete their prerequisites (English as a Second Language and any undergraduate coursework) before beginning their chosen graduate program. The University of Toledo’s American Language Institute (ALI), which offers intensive English preparation, and the student’s chosen graduate program administer the Graduate Access program jointly. Students will be evaluated by their chosen graduate program for provisional admission and enrollment in the Graduate Access Program. Each student will be assigned a graduate program advisor and an ALI advisor.
Students accepted into the Graduate Access program must possess an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, a minimum 500 TOEFL (61 iBT) and meet any other requirements as determined by the graduate program accepting the student and the College of Graduate Studies.
To be considered for provisional admission, the following requirements must be met by the posted deadline –
- Submit TOEFL score between 500-550 (61-79 iBT) electronically using institution code 1845. TOEFL score test date must be within six months of application.
- Apply online at http://apply.utoledo.edu for the chosen graduate program.
- Submit all required documents for the program of study, i.e., letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, transcripts, resume, etc.
- Student is not eligible for TA/GA/RA while attending the Graduate Access program. If selected for the Graduate Access Program the student must provide official financial responsibility documentation.
|TOEFL||Graduate Program Start Date||ALI Start Date||Deadline to Apply to Graduate Program|
|500-529||Spring 2015||May 2014 (2 semesters)||February 28, 2014|
|530-549||Fall 2014||May 2014 (1 semester)||February 28, 2014|
|530-549||Spring 2015||August 2014 (1 semester)||April 15, 2014|
*Application deadlines are designed to ensure sufficient time for processing and review of application, visa interviews, travel, etc
Students need to report to campus no later than start date specified by OISS. Start date is used for ALL incoming international students and coincides with international orientation.
Space is currently limited to 15 students per semester.For additional information specific to this program, please see the full program description.