- Graduate Assistantships
- UT Portal (UTAD Login Required)
- Communication Archive
CONNECT WITH Us
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
ETD Process Overview
Step 1 - Format Review
- Submit your document as an attachment in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org for a format review by the posted deadline. The ETD Format Review Request Form must be attached to the e-mail submission. Send from your UTAD account.
- A format review is strongly encouraged to prevent delays in graduation which could result in required re-application for a future term.
- You will receive e-mail notification, sent to your UTAD account, once your document has been reviewed. The e-mail will provide directions for correcting the document (if required) or will confirm your document is in compliance with the formatting guidelines. The email will also contain instructions and links for submitting to OhioLINK and ProQuest UMI.
Step 2 – Upload Completed Document (PDF) to OhioLINK
- Complete the OhioLINK ETD Center submission process and upload final document (in PDF file format with fonts embedded) to OhioLINK by the posted deadline for the semester in which you are graduating.
- Detailed Instructions for the OhioLINK process
- The College of Graduate Studies will be notified immediately when your document has been uploaded to OhioLINK.
- If there are any problems with your document, you will be notified via your UTAD email and will be given five business days from the date the notification is sent to make necessary changes and upload your corrected document to OhioLINK. If the corrected document is not submitted to OhioLINK within the five business days or any of the required forms/processes are not completed, students may be required to re-apply for graduation for the next term.
- The final release of all theses and dissertations occurs after all degrees have been conferred for the term, beginning approximately 30-45 days after the last day of the term.
- If you requested and were granted a publication delay, that embargo will be in place for one year. You must reapply with the College of Graduate Studies for renewal 30 days before the expiration date.
Step 3 – Upload Placeholder Document (PDF) to ProQuest UMI
- Complete the ProQuest UMI submission process and upload Placeholder document (in PDF file format) and pay any fees related to selected publishing options
to ProQuest UMI by the posted deadline.
- Detailed Instructions for ProQuest UMI process
- The college of Graduate Studies will be notified immediately when your submission
has been completed with ProQuest UMI.
- If your submission requires correction, you will be notified. Otherwise, there is
no need to revise or resubmit to this account.
- Your ETD and any supplemental files will be transferred from OhioLINK to your ProQuest UMI account during the final release process.
- You are responsible for renewing any publication delays directly with ProQuest UMI - we do not monitor this as we do with OhioLINK.
Step 4 – Completion of Required Forms
- Submit Approval of Thesis / Approval of Dissertation Form hardcopy with all required signatures to the College of Graduate Studies by posted deadline.
- Submit Intellectual Protection Form hardcopy with all required signatures to the College of Graduate Studies by posted deadline.
Step 5 -For Doctoral Students Only
- Complete Survey of Earned Doctorates on-line and submit Certificate of Completion to College of Graduate Studies GCAcademicSvcs@utoledo.edu
- Deadlines apply to all students submitting a thesis or dissertation and are strictly enforced.
- Check with your advisor to ensure that all department and college requirements and deadlines are met in a timely manner to ensure compliance with Graduate College deadlines.
- If you have questions about formatting or your ETD, please contact Thesis and Dissertation Services | 419.530.5249 or email@example.com
- If you have questions about deadlines or required forms, please contact Graduation