- Graduate Assistantships
- UT Portal (UTAD Login Required)
- Communication Archive
CONNECT WITH Us
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
Summer Hours (Main Campus):
Mon, Tues, Thurs 7:30-5:30 pm
Wed 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Fri 7:30 am-3:30 pm
ETD Process Overview
Step 1 - Format Review
- Submit your document as a PDF to email@example.com for a format review by the posted deadline. The subject line should be formatted
as: Last Name, First Name; Format Review. Please send from your UTAD email.
- A format review is strongly encouraged to prevent delays in graduation which could result in required re-application for a future term.
- You will receive e-mail notification, sent to your UTAD account, once your document has been reviewed. The e-mail will provide directions for correcting the document (if required) or will confirm your document is in compliance with the formatting guidelines. The email will also contain instructions and links for submitting to OhioLINK and ProQuest UMI.
Step 2 – Upload Completed Document (PDF) to OhioLINK and ProQuest UMI
- Complete the OhioLINK ETD Center submission process and upload final document (in PDF file format with fonts embedded) to OhioLINK by the posted deadline for the semester in which you are graduating. Your file will
be transferred to ProQuest UMI from OhioLINK electronically.
- Detailed Instructions for the OhioLINK process
- The College of Graduate Studies will be notified immediately when your document has been uploaded to OhioLINK.
- If there are any problems with your document, you will be notified via your UTAD email and will be given five business days from the date the notification is sent to make necessary changes and upload your corrected document to OhioLINK. If the corrected document is not submitted to OhioLINK within the five business days or any of the required forms/processes are not completed, students may be required to re-apply for graduation for the next term.
- The final release of all theses and dissertations occurs after all degrees have been conferred for the term, beginning approximately 30-45 days after the last day of the term.
- If you requested and were granted a publication delay, that embargo will be in place for one year. You must reapply with the College of Graduate Studies for renewal 30 days before the expiration date.
- Submit Approval of Thesis / Approval of Dissertation form hard copy with all required signatures to the College of Graduate Studies by posted deadline.
- Submit Intellectual Protection Form hard copy with all required signatures to the College of Graduate Studies by posted deadline.
Step 4 -For Doctoral Students Only
- Complete Survey of Earned Doctorates on-line and submit Certificate of Completion to College of Graduate Studies GCAcademicSvcs@utoledo.edu
- Deadlines apply to all students submitting a thesis or dissertation and are strictly enforced.
- Check with your advisor to ensure that all department and college requirements and deadlines are met in a timely manner to ensure coordination and compliance with Graduate College deadlines.
- If you have questions about formatting or your ETD, please contact Thesis and Dissertation Services | 419.530.5249 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions about deadlines or required forms, please contact Graduation