- Graduate Assistantships
- UT Portal (UTAD Login Required)
- Communication Archive
CONNECT WITH Us
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
Certain requirements must be satisfied if you are to graduate on schedule. In order to serve the many students applying for graduation each semester, the College of Graduate Studies must strictly enforce all necessary deadlines. It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements are fulfilled. Check with your advisor to ensure all department and college degree requirements have been met. If you have any questions about the requirements detailed below, please contact the College of Graduate Studies.
- Complete the Application for Graduation prior to the filing deadline for the semester
in which you plan to graduate, whether a formal ceremony is held or not. This application
should be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies.
- Registered for a minimum of one graduate credit hour in the semester you apply to
graduate. Please note: Completion of an Incomplete or in Progress grade will note
fulfill the registration requirement. If your graduation is postponed for any reason,
it will be necessary to register for a minimum of one graduate credit hour during
the semester you re-apply for graduation.
- Official undergraduate transcripts must be on file in the College of Graduate Studies.
If the degree was earned at The University of Toledo, all items will be on file. International
students must also provide their diploma. Transcripts and diplomas must be provided
in both English and the native language.
- Approved Plan of Study must be on file with the College of Graduate Studies. Courses
on your Plan of Study must appear on your transcript and have grades of ‘C’ or higher.
Any changes to your approved Plan of Study must be filed with the College of Graduate
Studies either by completion of a Course Substitution form or a revised Plan of Study.
All coursework must fall within the four year time limitation for completion of a
certificate. Any coursework that exceeds this time limit will require revalidation.
- Complete the on-line Graduate Student Exit Survey.
- All grades must be posted. Incomplete and In-Progress grades must be removed from
- Attain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Payment of all outstanding fines and fees. If there are any outstanding fees, a hold will be placed on your account and your diploma and transcript cannot be mailed.
If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact the College of Graduate Studies, University Hall Room 3240. (419.530.4269 or GCAcademicSvcs@utoledo.edu).