Faculty & Staff: Graduate Assistant Information
All Graduate Assistantships are handled by Academic Programs or Non-Academic Offices.
Graduate students receiving Assistanship are eligible for Tuition Awards as a benefit of their Graduate student employee status: however they are ineligible for any other benefits; such as vacation or sick pay.
- Departmental Assistantships
- Graduate students, who receive departmental assistantships, will only receive a stipend and graduate tuition waiver (in and out of state) from the college's budget allocation from College of Graduate Studies.
- At no time can a tuition waiver cover undergraduate, law, executive MBA, audit courses, or repeat courses.
- Grant Funded Assistantships
- Graduate students who receive grant funded assistantships, will receive a tuition waiver (in and out of state) from the college's budget allocation from College of Graduate Studies. Along with receiving a stipend from the grant, some grants may waive other fees, please check with Academic Department.
- If a grant is covering any fees, these need to be indicated on the GAPA, under Hours waived, to ensure Grants Accounting will waive these fees.
- It is the department's responsibility to inform students being paid on a grant, what the grant will cover. All covered Items.
- Students on assistantships do not accrue sick or vacation time.