WELCOME TO THE COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
- Welcome from the Dean
- About COGS
- Diversity Plan
- Assessment Plan
- Prospective Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Graduate Council
- Graduate Student Association
- Staff Directory
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
STARS Student Resources
Student Achievement in Research and Scholarship (STARS)
The Student Achievement in Research and Scholarship (STARS) program, sponsored by the Ohio Board of Regents is a statewide cooperative venture in Ohio to increase the pool of underrepresented students entering Ohio's graduate schools. The program is designed to identify the best undergraduate students and groom them for graduate school and ultimately for academic careers. The program targets African-American, Hispanic American, Native American, and Asian-Pacific American and economically disadvantaged students who are underrepresented in higher education.
The STARS program provides a monetary award for students to assist them in the completion of an undergraduate research opportunity as well as a travel stipend and an opportunity to participate in the STARS Statewide Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Introduce students to research-oriented experiences to facilitate their awareness of linkage between research and graduate school.
- Provide an opportunity for mentorship through partnering faculty.
AmI a STAR?
- An undergraduate
- AUS citizen of the United States
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Are considering future graduate study
- Are interested in a paid research experience
- Can identify a potential faculty mentor and research topic...
Then STARS is for you!
The enrollment period for STARS is now closed.
Questions about STARS? Contact:
Dr. Thomas Kvale
Coordinator, STARS Program - UT