The 2016-2017 College of Health Sciences Scholarship (CHS) application is available below. To be eligible for a scholarship award for the 2016-2017 academic year, you must complete the application and furnish two supporting letters from professionals in your chosen discipline and/or high school teachers or principals, college professors and/or advisors by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 8, 2016. This application form is only for scholarships awarded by the College of Health Sciences. Please note that if you were previously awarded a “renewable” scholarship that could be renewed, you must reapply for the year 2016-2017. Please note that while a small number of scholarships are renewed automatically when a student continues to qualify and when funds are available, most are not automatically renewable. Whether or not your current scholarship is renewable, you must re-apply to be considered for an award for next year.
To apply for a College of Health Sciences Scholarship please complete the following.
- Review the scholarship descriptions and complete the eligibility checklist.
- Complete the application form—neatly, carefully, and completely.
- Obtain two letters of support (recommendations) and attach to your application.
- Using the form provided or separate paper, write an essay describing your professional goals.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit all materials by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 8, 2016
- You may mail your application and supporting documentation to The Dean's Office, College of Health Sciences, Attention: Scholarship Committee, The University of Toledo/MS 119, 2801 W. Bancroft Street, Toledo, OH 43606-3390, or you may drop off your completed materials to the Dean's Office, HH3302.
- Please note that, with one exception, failure to comply with all the above requirements
will disqualify you from consideration. You can still qualify for a scholarship without
filing an FAFSA, but the range of scholarships available to you will be limited if
you do not do so.
- Please note that if you wish to apply for a University of Toledo scholarship that is administered OUTSIDE the College of Health Sciences, you must follow procedures required for those scholarships. The Office of Student Financial Aid maintains a binder detailing all University scholarships. Feel free to visit their office (1200 Rocket Hall) for assistance or check out their web site at www.utoledo.edu/financialaid