- CHS Home
- Dean's Welcome
- Departments & Programs
- Clinics, Special Programs & Centers
- College Governance & Committees
- Research Consultation Center
- Academic Information for Graduate Students
- CHS Student Organizations
- Support Your College
Office of Student Services
Gillham Hall MS914
Toledo, OH 43606
Student Services Website
The 2014-2015 College of Health Sciences Scholarship (CHS) application is available below. To be eligible for a scholarship award for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must complete the application and furnish two supporting letters from professionals in your chosen discipline and/or high school teachers or principals, college professors and/or advisors by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 11, 2014. This application form is only for scholarships awarded by the College of Health Sciences. Please note that if you were previously awarded a “renewable” scholarship that could be renewed, you must reapply for the year 2014-2015. Please note that while a small number of scholarships are renewed automatically when a student continues to qualify and when funds are available, most are not automatically renewable. Whether or not your current scholarship is renewable, you must re-apply to be considered for an award for next year.
Please note that if you wish to apply for a University of Toledo scholarship that is administered outside the College of Health Sciences, you must follow procedures required for those scholarships. The Office of Student Financial Aid maintains a binder detailing all University scholarships. Feel free to visit their office (1200 Rocket Hall) for assistance or check out their web site at www.utoledo.edu/financialaid
To apply for a College of Health Sciences Scholarship please complete the following.
- Complete the application form—neatly, carefully, and completely.
- Obtain two letters of support (recommendations) and attach to your application.
- Review the scholarship descriptions and complete the eligibility checklist.
- Using the form provided or separate paper, write an essay describing your professional goals.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit all materials by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 11, 2014
Please note that, with one exception, failure to comply with all the above requirements will disqualify you from consideration. You can still qualify for a scholarship without filing an FAFSA, but the range of scholarships available to you will be limited if you do not do so. You may mail your application and supporting documentation to Education Scholarship Committee, 3100 Gillham Hall, Mail Stop 914, The University of Toledo, 2801 W. Bancroft Street, Toledo, OH 43606-3390, or you may drop off your completed materials at the Student Service reception desk, 3100 Gillham Hall. Thank you, and good luck.