- MCMC Home
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding MCMC
- Medical Services
- Women's Health
- Health Topics and Links
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- UT Outpatient Pharmacy
- Student Health Insurance
- Student Health Insurance Plan Brochure
- Student Health Insurance Plan Benefit Summary
- Patient Centered Medical Home
You must waive online through your UT Portal. If you do not waive through the portal, your waiver will be considered incomplete and the insurance fee will remain on your account. The online waiver process consists of several steps and takes only a few minutes to complete.
Please have your insurance card ready. If you do not have all of the information needed to complete the online waiver, please contact your insurance company directly.
- Log on to UT Portal (myut.utoledo.edu).
- Enter your "myUT" username and password in the fields provided.
- Click on "login."
- Under Student Tab: My Toolkit, My Registration Steps
- Click on "Waive Health Insurance"
- Select appropriate term. Click on "submit."
- Review the health insurance information provided, then click "Waiver Request."
- By clicking on "Waiver Request," a direct link will take you to Aetna's web site.
- Proceed by completing the step-by-step information needed to process your waiver
You will be taken to a screen that includes a confirmation number. The waiver process is not complete until you reach the screen with the confirmation number. Please print this page, or write down your confirmation number, should you need to reference it in the future.
If your waiver is declined or audited:
All waiver requests will be validated with your insurance company. If your insurance status cannot be verified, the waiver will be revoked and the insurance premium will be re-assessed. You will be notified by e-mail regardless of whether your waiver is accepted or denied. If your waiver is declined you may contact the UT Student Health Insurance Office for appeal information.
If your waiver is audited, you may be required to provide any coverage documents and/or other records demonstrating that you meet the school's requirements for waiving the student health insurance plan. By submitting the waiver request, you agree that your current insurance plan may be contacted for confirmation that your coverage is in force for the applicable policy year and that it meets the school's waiver requirements.