Jesup Scott Honors College
- Directory/Contact Us
- Experiential Learning at its best
- Optional three-year degree
- Preferred admission to advanced degree programs
- Optional honors on-campus housing
- Honors degree programs
- Meet the Dean - Lakeesha Ransom, PhD
- About Jesup Scott Honors College
- Honors College admission
- Honors Medallion
- Distinguished Lecture Series
- Sullivan Award
MacKinnon Hall 2000
Mail Stop 504
If you are highly motivated, and would like to make the most of your college career
at The University of Toledo please consider
joining the Honors community. The benefits of joining may be found throughout the
Honors web site. Explore the site for yourself, and if you like
what you see, we encourage you to apply.
Previously in College Honors
- If you are coming from an NCHC Honors Program, transfer will be relatively seamless. Once you have been admitted to The University of Toledo, you will need to submit a UT Honors application . If you are in good standing in your honors program, it is highly likely that admission to the UT Honors College will be granted. You will need to participate in a brief advising session with The University of Toledo Honors College staff to orient you to the honors curriculum in your particular UT College.
Not Previously in College Honors
Transfer students who wish to participate in the UT Honors College, who have not been enrolled in honors at their previous institutions, may need to retake courses previously completed to accrue honors credit. With this in mind, if you are a highly motivated student who has been admitted to The University of Toledo, and have a 3.5 or higher transfer GPA, we encourage you to apply to the UT Honors College. You will need to submit a UT Honors application for consideration.
- Transfer after one semester is usually seamless.
- Transfer after two semesters will typically require retaking English Composition at the honors level.
- Transfer after more than two semesters should be discussed individually with the honors advisors in the UT College to which you have been admitted.