College of Law



Contact Us

Law Financial Aid Office

Office Address:

Law Center
1825 W. Rocket Dr., Ste. 2000R
Mailing Address:
2801 W. Bancroft, MS 507
Toledo, OH 43606


Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides funds for part-time employment to help upper-level students finance the cost of their education. It is a limited resource and will only be added to your financial aid package per request and subject to availability. Accepting FWS may reduce your overall student loan eligibility. There are numerous FWS positions available throughout the Law and University community. Students who participate in the Federal Work-Study program must complete appropriate payroll paperwork and will receive bi-weekly paychecks. Please contact the Law Financial Aid Office for more details.


Work-Study Procedures

**For any forms or communications via e-mail, you must use your University of Toledo e-mail account

Step One: Complete Financial Aid Process

To be considered for Work-Study funding, you will need to do the following:

  1. Complete your 2015-2016 FAFSA
  2. Submit a completed 2015-2016 Work-Study Request to Law Financial Aid
  3. Receive award notification via UT Rocket email
  4. Accept award at myUT (log-in required).

Once you accept the award, Law Financial Aid will process your acceptance and a contract will be generated. The Office of Financial Aid will contact you via your UT Rocket e-mail when the contract and related documents are ready for you to pick up. 


Step Two: Complete Required Documents

The following documents must be completed and returned to the Law Office of Professional Development (Room 1030). Instructions for completing the employment paperwork are included at the link below.

 ***Your contract and employment documents must be submitted to the Office of Professional Development before you begin working.

  1. Work-Study Contract
  2. Position Information Sheet
  3. Employment Documents


Step Three: During Work Study

You cannot work until you have received confirmation that you are on payroll. You must monitor the hours that you work. If you go over your work-study eligible hours or award amount, the time will be pro bono and you will not be paid.

You are responsible for submitting your time electronically at myUT (log-in required) by the end of the day on the last day of the pay period.  Once you input your time, we require that you print a confirmation sheet, have your supervisor sign it, and fax (419.530.7922) or e-mail the signed confirmation to us so that we may verify the work being completed. If you fail to complete this process by the end of the day on the last day of the pay period, your timecard will not be processed for that pay period and you will not be paid. 

If you suspect that you are not going to make academic progress, do not start work until grades are posted.

You must attend spring semester for at least 6 credit hours and the following fall semester for at least 6 credit hours to qualify for summer Work-Study.  If you plan to transfer, don’t work.  If you plan to work for a professor or on campus, you must be registered during summer for at least 6 credit hours.

You will be required to complete an employer evaluation at the end of your summer experience. The employer will complete an evaluation of your performance at the end of your service.

If you change positions or wish to extend your Work-Study beyond your initial request, see Law Financial Aid.



Financial Aid Robin Zubke 419.530.7929
OPD Kelly Tomlinson 419.530.4996
Last Updated: 9/21/15