˜

The Ward M. Canaday Center

for Special Collections

The University of Toledo

Finding Aid

Page Dairy Collection

MSS-310

Size: 1.5 LF (excluding portrait)

Provenance: Donated by Kathy Page

Access: Open

Collection Summary: Records related to the history of the Page Dairy, including a portrait of Henry Page, Sr. 

Subject(s): Business and Commerce

Processing Note: Items arranged into series by record type (photographs, correspondence, etc) and then chronologically.

Copyright: The literary rights to this collection are assumed to rest with the person(s) responsible for the production of the particular items within the collection, or with their heirs or assigns.  Researchers bear full legal responsibility for the acquisition to publish from any part of said collection per Title 17, United States Code.  The Ward M. Canaday Center for Special Collections may reserve the right to intervene as intermediary at its own discretion.

Completed by: E. Czerniak, July 2016

Historical/Biographical Sketch

The Page Dairy opened its doors April 23, 1913, founded by Henry A. Page.  Later run by Page’s two sons, Henry Jr. and Arnold, Page Dairy was one of the largest Dairy companies in the country prior to its closing in 1975.  Located at the corner of Wade and Knapp streets, Page Dairy began selling only butter and quickly grew to sell dairy products in Ohio, Michigan and Indiana.
A generous philanthropist, Henry A. Page donated to local high school athletic departments, contributed uniforms, and held fundraiser dinners.  Page Stadium at DeVilbiss high school was named in honor of his many contributions.  The Page Dairy Company provided dairy products for the Toledo Public Health Association, nutrition programs in public schools in the Toledo Exchange Club and to the Toledo District Nurses’ Association. 

References: www.pagedairy.com

 

Scope and Content Note

This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other records from the Page Dairy Company. The correspondence within the collection relates to the Dairy’s patents as well as scholarships at Central Catholic High School. The photographs feature family members such as Arthur Page and Henry Page, Jr. and views of the dairy’s equipment.

Of particular note are the portrait of Henry Page Sr. and the corporate Pledge of Loyalty, dated 1942.

While not the complete corporate records of the Page Dairy, this collection still provides insight into the company’s mid-century development.

  

Folder List

Box

Folder

Item

1

1

Family and Company History, 1913

1

2

Patent Information, 1947-1963

1

3

Photographs, 1947

1

4

Press Clippings, 1931-2012

1

5*

Pledge of Loyalty, 1942

1

6

Scholarship Correspondence, 1954-1955

2

1

Page Dairy Financial Records, 1917-1918

3*

 

Portrait of Henry Page Sr.

 

*Item is oversized