The LibGuides site is a collection of subject or course specific web portals developed by UT librarians. Select a LibGuide from the menu below, browse by topic or see a list of guides designed to go with specific courses.
Or, you can search all of our guides for a particular word:
Guides to the Research Process
These general guides will help you use the library for research and write up the results.
- Anxiety and Library Use
- Getting Your Research Started
- Assessing an Information Need (Mulford)
- Evaluating Information / Defining your Information Need
- Evaluating Websites
- How to Write Annotations
- Lifecycle of Scientific Information
- Journals vs. Magazines
- Subject vs. Keyword Searching
- Citations & Style Guides
Guides to the Library Databases & Resources
These guides will help you use specific library databases (like our catalogs or article indexes) and resources.
- How to use the UT Library Catalog
- Video Guide to the OhioLINK Catalog (OhioLINK)
- Using Call Numbers
- Guide & Overview of OhioLINK System & Research Databases
- Health Science Databases (MEDLINE, CINAHL, PsycINFO, etc.) (Mulford)
- Dissertations & Theses
- Google Research Tools: Google Book Search & Google Scholar