- UT Library Catalog | Reserves
- Library Record (Renewals)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Online Journals List
- Research Databases
...find articles and more!
- OhioLINK Homepage
Topic & Course Guides
The LibGuides site is a collection of subject or course specific web portals developed by UT librarians. Select a LibGuide from the menu below, browse by topic or see a list of guides designed to go with specific courses.
Or, you can search all of our guides for a particular word:
A general overview of the Libraries, the Catalog, Databases, and the basics of Citations is available as a web-based Library Tutorial.
Guides to the Research Process
These general guides will help you use the library for research and write up the results. Remember that the Writing Center can also help you in writing your term papers.
- Anxiety and Library Use
- Getting Your Research Started
- Assessing an Information Need (Mulford)
- Evaluating Information / Defining your Information Need
- Evaluating Websites
- How to Write Annotations
- Lifecycle of Scientific Information
- Journals vs. Magazines
- Subject vs. Keyword Searching
- Citations & Style Guides
- Citations LibGuides (for current APA and MLA Styles)
- Citations Tutorial
- Citation Verification (Mulford)
- EndNote: Bibliographic Management Software (Mulford)
- Older Guides
Guides to the Library Databases & Resources
These guides will help you use specific library databases (like our catalogs or article indexes) and resources.
- How to use the UT Library Catalog
- Using Call Numbers
- Guide & Overview of OhioLINK System & Research Databases
- Health Science Databases (MEDLINE, CINAHL, PsycINFO, etc.) (Mulford)
- Subject Encyclopedias in Carlson Library
- Dissertations & Theses
- Google Research Tools: Google Book Search & Google Scholar