- UT Library Catalog | Reserves
- Library Record (Renewals)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Online Journals List
- Research Databases
...find articles and more!
- OhioLINK Homepage
Topic & Course Guides
Coordinator of Library Systems
Assistant Professor, University Libraries
- Master of Science in Library Science, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts (French), Cleveland State University (Ohio), 1990
Professor Rigda manages the library’s online catalog and the integrated library system and oversees desktop support for library faculty and staff as well as the instructional classrooms. She resolves database access problems and other issues related to technology. She also provides collection development for foreign languages.
- “Discovering the Culture of Collaboration in an Institutional Merger” with Willie McKether, Jerry Van Hoy, Gerald Natal, The University of Toledo, Kenneth Riopelle, Wayne State University, Andrew Seary, Simon-Fraser University, Procedia: Social and Behavioral Sciences, v. 26 (2011): 94-107.
- Rigda, Christine. "Implementing ILLiad: A Successful Collaboration of the Systems and Interlibrary Loan Departments in an Academic Library." Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Electronic Reserve, v. 20, no. 2 (April 2010): 77-82.
- Kinner, Laura and Rigda, Christine. "The Integrated Library System: From Daring to Dinosaur?" Journal of Library Administration, v. 49, no. 4 (May 2009): 401-417.
- Rigda, Christine. "Electronic Reserve and the Integrated Library System: From Installation to the Future." Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Electronic Reserve, v. 19, no. 2 (March 2009): 145-153.
- “Plummer, Karen A. and Rigda, Christine. "Creating an Online Cataloging Manual: A Case Study." Technical Services Quarterly, v. 22, no. 2 (Dec. 2004): 25-36.
- Professor Rigda also writes reviews for American Reference Books Annual and Library Journal.
- "My IUG: About the IUG and How to Get Involved" presented at the 21st Innovative Users Group Conference, San Francisco, Calif., April 23-26, 2013.
- "SMS: Options Available" presented with Karen Perone, Rodman Public Library, Mohamed Ragheb, Wadsworth Public Library and Diane Lewin, Innovative Interfaces, Inc. at the annual Eastern Great Lakes Innovative Users Group Conference, Akron, OH, October 15, 2010.
- "Enrich Your Catalog with Media Management" presented at the Eighteenth Innovative Users Group Conference, Chicago, Ill., April 19-21, 2010.
- "Everything You Need to Know About Your Loan Determiner Table" presented at the Seventeenth Innovative Users Group Conference, Anaheim, Calif., May 17-20, 2009.
- "Is Your System Haunted by Past Codes? It's Time to be a Code Buster!" (with Laura Kinner, Director of Technical Services, The University of Toledo) presented at the Sixteenth Innovative Users Group Conference, Washington, D.C., April 27-30, 2008.
- “Merging Library Catalogs: The Plan that Worked for the Medical University of Ohio and the University of Toledo” (with Laura Kinner, Director of Technical Services, The University of Toledo) presented at the annual Eastern Great Lakes Innovative Users Group Conference (EGL-IUG), Akron, OH (September 28, 2007).
- “Customizing Inter-Library Loan Forms” at the Fifteenth Innovative Users Group Conference, San Jose, Calif., May 14-17, 2007.
- “Online Tools ... They're for Catalogers too!” (with Karen Plummer, Associate Professor, The University of Akron) presented to the Academic Librarians Association of Ohio (ALAO) annual conference, Independence, OH (November 1, 2002).
- Innovative Users Group Steering Committee (Past Chair), 2013-
- Innovative Users Group Steering Committee (Chair), 2012-2013
- Innovative Users Group Steering Committee (Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect), 2011-2012
- Innovative Users Group 2012 Conference Program Committee (Chair)
- Continuing Education Committee (Chair, 2013), 2011-2013
- Innovative Users Group Steering Committee (Member at Large), 2010-2011
- Innovative Users Group 2010 Conference Program Committee
- Faculty Senate Student Affairs Committee, 2008-2010
- Faculty Senate Alternate (2008-2010)
- Functional Expert for Management Information, Innovative Users Group (2008-2010
- Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) Board Member (2008-2009)
- Professional Development Committee (ALAO), chair (2009)
- Library Faculty Affairs Committee, 2007-2009
- Search Committee, Medical Librarian
- Search Committee, Digital Services Librarian
- Search Committee, Systems Technician
- Search Committee, Visiting Instructor
- Search Committee, Digital Initiatives Librarian
- Lead Implementor, OhioLINK (2006-present)
- Transforming User Services (OhioLINK task force)