- UT Library Catalog | Reserves
- Library Record (Renewals)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Online Journals List
- Research Databases
...find articles and more!
- OhioLINK Homepage
Topic & Course Guides
Scholarly Communications Librarian
Associate Professor of Library Administration
& Library Faculty Department Chair
- M.L.I.S., Louisiana State University, 1992
- B.A., cum laude (Art History), Tulane University, 1985
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, July 2011-
- Coordinator of Electronic Resources, July 2010-June 2011
- Serials Librarian July 1999-June 2010
- Assistant Serials Librarian, Sept. 1992-June 1999
Lucy Duhon is Scholarly Communications Librarian for the University Libraries and also serves as liaison to and selector for the UT Art Department. Prior to this role she managed traditional journal and electronic resource collections for the libraries. She is currently also serving as chair of the Library Faculty.
Presentations & Posters
- Libraries and Health Information Outreach on College Campuses: Barriers, Opportunities, and a Case Report.” ALAO (Academic Library Association of Ohio) annual conference. Nov. 3-4, 2011. (poster session with Jodi Jameson)
- “Academic Librarian Participation in Health Fairs: An Interactive Mode of Health Information Outreach.” MLA (Medical Library Association) annual conference, Minneapolis, MN. May 17-19, 2011. (poster session with Jodi Jameson)
- “A Far, Far Better Place: Adapting to Change in Technical Services.” Annual Charleston Conference: Issues in Book and Serials Acquisitions, November 7, 2008, Charleston S.C. (presentation with Alice Crosetto and Laura Kinner).
- “Helping your Staff Rise to Perfection.” ALAO (Academic Library Association of Ohio) annual conference, November 3, 2006, Akron, Ohio.
- “Time to Clean out the Pantry.” ALAO (Academic Library Association of Ohio) annual conference, November 3, 2006, Akron, Ohio. (presentation with Alice Crosetto and Laura Kinner)
- “Binding Journals in Tight Times: Mind the Budget.” NASIG (North American Serials Interest Group) annual conference, Minneapolis, MN, May 21-22, 2005. (tactics session presentation with Jeanne Langendorfer, Bowling Green State University).
- “Bindery Procedures with Innovative.” Annual Meeting of the Innovative Users Group, Oakland, CA (Apr. 23-25, 1995). (presentation and poster session with Karen Aufdemberge and Barbara Shaffer)
- “Bindery Procedures with Innovative.” Innovative Interfaces, Inc. National Users Group meeting in Columbus, OH (April 1994). (poster session with Karen Aufdemberge and Barbara Shaffer)
- “Assessment in a Tight Time Frame: Using Readily Available Data to Evaluate Your Collection.” with Alice Crosetto and Laura Kinner. Collection Management (2008). Vol. 33, No. 1/2, 29-50. [refereed]
- "Enhancing a Newspaper Collection using the World Wide Web." with Karen Aufdemberge. Internet Reference Services Quarterly, vol. 3, no. 3 (1998), pp. 45-80. [refereed]
- “Virtual Journals Supplement Actual Ones.” Collections, v. 9, no. 3 (Spring 1997), p.2 [UT Libraries newsletter]
- “Gift Subscriptions Supplement Periodicals Collection.” Collections, v. 6, no. 2 (Winter 1994), pp. 1,4. [UT Libraries newsletter]
- Assessment in a Tight Time Frame: Using Readily Available Data to Evaluate Your Collection.” with Alice Crosetto and Laura Kinner. In Assessment of Library Collections in a Consortial Environment: Experiences from Ohio. George Lupone, editor. London: Routledge, 2009, pp.29-50.
- “A Far, Far Better Place: Adapting to Changes in Technical Services.” with Alice Crosetto and Laura Kinner. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2008, edited by Beth R. Bernhardt, Tim Daniels, and Kim Steinle, 2009, pp.125-131.
- Duhon, Lucy [recorder for a workshop] " 'Barbarism is the Absence of Standards...':
Applying Standards to Untangle the Electronic Jumble", Serials Librarian, vol. 36, no. 3/4 (1999), pp. 515-522.
- This report also appeared in Head in the Clouds, Feet on the Ground: Serials Vision and Common Sense: Proceedings of the North American Serials Interest Group, Inc.: 13lh Annual Conference, June 18-21, 1998, University of Colorado, Boulder, edited by Jeffrey S. Bullington, Beatrice L. Caraway, and Beverley Geer. New York: The Haworth Press, Inc. 1999, pp. 515-522.
- Duhon, Lucy [recorder for a workshop] "GILS, Government Information Locator Service:
Blending Old and New to Access Governmental Information", Serials Librarian, vol. 31, no. 1/2 (1997), pp. 327-333.
- This report also appeared in Pioneering New Serials Frontiers: From Petroglyphs to Cyberserials: Proceedings of the North American Serials Interest Group, Inc. : 111 Annual Conference, June 20-23, 1996, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, edited by Christine Christiansen and Cecilia Leathern. New York: The Haworth Press, Inc. 1997, pp. 327-333.
- Duhon, Lucy [recorder for a workshop] "Document delivery: staffing, technology, and
budgeting implications." Serials Librarian, v. 25 no. 3-4 (1995), pp. 319-25.
- This report also appeared in A Kaleidoscope of Choices: Reshaping Roles and Opportunities for Serialists: Proceedings of the North American Serials Interest Group, Inc. : 9'h Annual Conference, June 2-5, 1994, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., edited by Beth Holley and Mary Ann Sheble. New York: Haworth Press, 1995, pp. 319-325.]
- “Binding Journals in Tight Times: Mind the Budget” Serials Librarian, 50:3-4 (2006), pp. 227-233. (recorded by Sandhya D. Srivastava for presenters Lucy
Duhon and Jeanne Langendorfer)
- This report also appeared in Roaring into Our 20’s: NASIG 2005, edited by Margaret Mering and Elna Saxton. New York: The Haworth Press, Inc. 2006, pp. 227-233.
Lucy Duhon serves as a subject specialist and regularly updates the chapter on children for Magazines for Libraries, a standard resource for librarians.
- Duhon, Lucy. “Children” Magazines for Libraries, 15th ed., Bowker (2007), pp. 224-232.
- Duhon, Lucy. “Children” Magazines for Libraries, 17th ed., Bowker (2009), pp. 203-211.
- Duhon, Lucy. “Children” Magazines for Libraries, 19th ed., ProQuest (2011), pp. 192-204.
Selected Book Reviews
- A to Zoo:Subject Access to Children’s Picture Books. 8th ed., ARBA, 42 (2011): pp. ____
- Across Cultures: A Guide to Multicultural Literature for Children, ARBA, 40 (2009): 423-424.
- Appalachian Children’s Literature: An Annotated Bibliography ARBA, 42 (2011): ____
- Around the World with Historical Fiction and Folktales: Highly Recommended and Award-Winning Books. ARBA, 36 (2005): 484-485.
- Art and Architecture of the World’s Religions, ARBA, 41 (2010): 395.
- AskArt (database). Choice (Nov. 2009): 468. (online)
- Best Books for Children: Preschool Through Grade 6 (8th ed.), ARBA, 38 (2007): 430-431.
- Bilingual Visual Dictionary: German/English. ARBA, 38 (2007): 420.
- The Billboard Hot 100 Annual, ARBA, 39 (2008): 468.
- The Biographical Encyclopedia of Islamic Philosophy, ARBA, 38 (2007): 516-517.
- Bridges to Understanding: Envisioning the World Through Children’s Books (ARBA, forthcoming 2012)
- The Cesnola Collection: Terracottas [CD-ROM]. ARBA, 36 (2005): 454.
- Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms. Choice (Feb. 2011): ____. (online)*
- Crossing Boundaries with Children’s Books, ARBA, 37 (2007): 431.
- Disney Song Encyclopedia, ARBA, 41 (2010): 454-455.
- Encyclopedia of Nineteenth-Century Photography, ARBA, 39 (2008): 404.
- The Family in Literature for Young Readers: A Resource Guide for Use with Grades 4 to 9, ARBA, 42 (2011): ____ .
- Family Matters: Adoption and Foster Care in Children’s Literature, ARBA, 41 (2010): 419-420.
- Fundamentals of Photography: The Essential Handbook for Both Digital and Film Cameras, ARBA, 40 (2009): 399.
- Graphic Novels for Young Readers: A Genre Guide for Ages 4-14 (ARBA, forthcoming 2012)
- Historical Dictionary of Children’s Literature, (ARBA, forthcoming 2012)
- Historical Dictionary of Sikhism, 2nd Edition, ARBA, 37 (2006): 584-585.
- How to Look at a Painting. Choice (Aug. 2011): ____. (online)*
- In the Darkroom: An Illustrated Guide to Photographic Processes Before the Digital Age. Choice (Sep. 2010): 54. (online)
- Joel Whitburn’s Top Pop Singles. 12th ed., ARBA, 42 (2011): ____.
- The Newbery/Printz Companion: Booktalk and Related Materials for Award Winners and Honor Books, 3d ed , ARBA, 39 (2008): 423.
- Ninth Book of Junior Authors and Illustrators, ARBA, 37 (2006): 469-470.
- Smile of the Buddha: Eastern Philosophy and Western Art from Monet to Today. Choice (Feb. 2006): 1000 (online)
- Women Singer-Songwriters in Rock: A Populist Rebellion in the 1990s, 42 (2011): ____.
- World War II Literature for Youth: A Guide and Resource Book, ARBA, 37 (2006): 469.
- Member (elected), Department Personnel Committee. 1998-99, 1999-00; 2000-2010 (chairing intermittently).
- Member (elected), Faculty Affairs Committee. 2000-01; 2004-05; 2010- (chair from 2011).
- Member (elected), Library Faculty Continuing Education Committee. 1994-95, 1997-98, 2003-2005 (chairing intermittently).
- Member (appointed), Library Marketing Committee. 2008-
- Member (appointed), University Libraries Emergency Manual Procedures Task Force, 2006-2007.
- Member (appointed), Library Signage Committee. 2007-08.
- Member, College Prioritization Committee for the University Libraries, 2005-2006.
- Library Strategic Planning Committee, Collections Subcommittee, 2002.
- Officer (Secretary), Library Faculty (College), 1996-97.
- Officer (Secretary), Library Technical Services (Department), 1995-98.
- Co-Editor, Collections & Connections (University Libraries newsletter), July 2011-
- Officer (Executive Secretary), Faculty Senate Executive Committee, May 2011-
- Member, Faculty Senate. Elected to replace existing senator’s term, Jan. 2011-
- Member, UT Maternity Leave Policy Committee, 2002-04.
- Member (appointed), UT Foundation Program for Academic Excellence Awards Committee, 1995-96, 1997-98.
- Volunteer, UT Freshmen Orientation Guide (FROG), 2010.
- Volunteer, UT Launching Pad, 2008.
- Volunteer, Rocketfest, 2000.
- UT United Way Co-Team Leader for Libraries. 2001.
- Member (elected), Executive Board, UT-AAUP, 2008-2011.
- Chair, Newsletter Committee, UT-AAUP, January 2009-August 2011.
- Department Representative, UT-AAUP, 1997-2007.
- University Representative, OhioLINK’s Cooperative Information Resources Management (CIRM) committee, 2003-
- Chair, OhioLINK Audit Group for Ohio Research Scholars Project (“spinal implants” collections & resources), Oct. 2008-Feb. 2009.
- Member (appointed), Search Committee for Director of the Northwest Ohio Regional Book Depository, 2007, 2008-09.†
- Reporter, Annual Conference, Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians (OVGTSL), 2010.
- Chair, Conference Newsletter Committee, Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians (OVGTSL), 1996.