- UT Library Catalog | Reserves
- Library Record (Renewals)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Online Journals List
- Research Databases
...find articles and more!
- OhioLINK Homepage
Topic & Course Guides
Our chat service is unavailable at this time. Please leave a message at email@example.com or 419-530-2325.
Director of Technical Services
Assistant Professor of Library Administration
- Supervisor Certification, Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw, Michigan, 2000.
- Master of Arts: Medieval History (14th Century England), Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, December 1994.
- Master of Library Science, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, May 1984.
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education (major Social Studies, minor, Economics) Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, May 1974.
- Assistant Professor of Library Administration, University of Toledo Libraries
Director of Technical Services – October 16, 2006 to present.
Coordinator of Cataloging Services – November 7, 2005 to October 13, 2006.
- Melvin J. Zahnow Library, Saginaw Valley State University
Head of Technical Services and Systems – July 19, 1993 to November 4, 2005
- Dawes Memorial Library, Marietta College, Marietta, Ohio 45750
Head of Technical Services/Assistant Professor – August 15, 1984 to June 30, 1993.
- “A Far, far better place: Adapting to changes in technical services.” With Alice Crosetto and Lucy Duhon. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2008, edited by Beth R. Bernhardt, Tim Daniels, and Kim Steinle, 2009 p.125-131
- “A Tale of two libraries: the merging of the Medical University of Ohio library database and The University of Toledo Libraries Database.” Charleston Conference Proceedings 2008. edited by Beth R. Bernhardt, Tim Daniels, and Kim Steinle, 2009 p.120-124
- “Assessment in a Tight Time Frame: Using Readily Available Data to Evaluate Your Collection.” with Alice Crosetto and Lucy Duhon. In Assessment of Library Collections in a Consortial Environment: Experiences from Ohio. George Lupone, editor. London: Routledge, 2009.
- “Balancing Act for the Future: How the Academic Library Engages in Collection Development at the Local and Consortial Levels” with Alice Crosetto. Journal of Library Administration (2009). Vol. 49, No. 4, 419-437. DOI: 10.1080/01930820902832561
- "The Integrated Library System: From Daring to Dinosaur?" with Christine Rigda. Journal of Library Administration, v. 49, no. 4 (May 2009): 401-417.
- Resources for College Libraries: Career Resources (May 2009). Bowker, Inc. Editor, Marcus Elmore. Available from http://www.rclweb.net.Major Section: Social Services (186 entries); Subsections: Funeral Services (52 entries) and Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling (125 entries)
- “Assessment in a Tight Time Frame: Using Readily Available Data to Evaluate Your Collection.” with Alice Crosetto and Lucy Duhon. Collection Management (2008). Vol. 33, No. 1/2, 29-50.
- Gerard Manley Hopkins, In RCL: Resources for College Libraries Vol. 2. New Providence: R. R. Bowker, 2007, 293-294.
- “Going Virtual: Academic Libraries enhancing the learning environment,” presented with Thomas Atwood and Alice Crosetto, The University of Toledo, at the Michigan Library Association’s Academic Librarians Day Conference, May 6, 2010, Novi. Michigan.
- “The Virtual library: enhancing or diminishing the learning environment,” presented with Thomas Atwood and Alice Crosetto, The University of Toledo, at the Higher Learning Commission Annual Conference, April 11, 2010, Chicago, Illinois.
- “Pole position or pit stop: the library’s place in new faculty orientation,” presented with Thomas Atwood, and Alice Crosetto, The University of Toledo, at the Michigan Library Association Annual Conference, November 4, 2009, Lansing Michigan.
- “Redefining ourselves: Revolution in an Academic Library,” presented with Dr. Marcia Suter, The University of Toledo at the Academic Library Association of Ohio Annual Conference, October 30, 2009, Wilmington, Ohio.
- ATale of two libraries: The merging of The Medical University of Ohio Library database with The University of Toledo libraries’ database,” at the 28th Annual Charleston Conference: Issues in book and serials acquisitions, November 8, 2008, Charleston S.C.
- “A Far, far better place: Adapting to change in technical services,” presented with Alice Crosetto and Lucy Duhon, The University of Toledo at the 28th Annual Charleston Conference: Issues in book and serials acquisitions, November 7, 2008, Charleston S.C.
- “Is Your System Haunted By Past Codes? It’s Time to Be a Code Buster!” presented with Christine Rigda, The University of Toledo at the 2008 Innovative Users Group annual meeting, April 27 & April 30 2008, Washington, D.C.
- “Influence the future! Encourage future academic librarians by supervising on-site practicum experiences,” Panel Discussion at 2007 Academic Library Association of Ohio annual meeting, October 25, 2007, Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, Ohio.
- “Merging library catalogs: The plan that worked for the Medical University of Ohio and the University of Toledo,” presented with Christine at Eastern Great Lakes-Regional Innovative Users Group meeting, September 28, 2007, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio.
- “Location! Location! Location!,” presented with Susan Cheney, St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pa., at the 2007 Innovative Users Group annual meeting, May 15 & May 16 2007, San Jose, California.
- “Fun and Games with Create lists in Millennium,” presented with Sheryl Stevens, University of Toledo at the 2007Academic Library Association of Ohio-Support Staff Interest Group spring workshop, May 7, 2007, Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, Ohio.
- “Time to Clean out the Pantry,” presented with Lucy Duhon and Laura Kinner, University of Toledo, at the 2006 ALAO (Academic Library Association of Ohio) Annual Conference, November 3, 2006, Akron, Ohio.
- “The value of friend$,” facilitated session of Academic Research Division at the 2002 Michigan Library Association Annual Conference, October 2002, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- “A Study of the Common Council of Bristol, 1381: The Canynges Family,” presented at the 26th International Congress of Medieval Studies, May 9-12, 1991, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Chair, Statewide Depository Catalog Implementation Group for shared depository online catalog – (September 2009 to present)
- Appointed to Statewide Depository Working Group – (February 23, 2009 to present)
- Elected Ohio Library Council-Technical Service Division/Action Council – (Aug 2008-Aug 2010)
- Northwest Ohio Regional Book Depository committee on sharing resources – (Jun 2008-Dec 2008)
- Program Committee, 2008 Eastern Great Lakes Regional Innovative Users Group Conference, OCLC Conference Center, Dublin, Ohio, September 19, 2008.
- Program Committee, 2007 Eastern Great Lakes Regional Innovative Users Group Conference, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, September 28, 2007.
- Program Chair, 2006 Eastern Great Lakes Regional Innovative Users Group Conference, Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, Toledo, Ohio, October 22, 2006.
- Team leader, University Library Database merger team-December 2006 to March 2007.
- UT Provost Search Committee –August 2006 to March 2007.
- University Library integration team –July 2006 to September 2006.
- Academic Technology subgroup of IT workgroup –February 2006 to June 2006.
- University Library Emergency Procedures Task Force, February 20, 2006.
- Ad Hoc Committee of Shared Ownership NWORBD, February 10, 2006.
- Chair, Systems Librarian Search Committee –February 2006 to June 2006
- University Library Faculty Affairs Committee, 2006-2007
- University Library Senior Leadership Team- September 18, 2006 to present.
- University Library Directors and Coordinators Group –November 2005 to September 2006.