Chair, University Libraries Faculty
Electronic Information Services Librarian
Science Reference Librarian
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (minor in Mathematics), University of Toledo, 1993
- Master of Library Science, Specialization in Chemical Information, Indiana University, August 1994
- Master's Coursework in Chemistry, August 1994-1997.
Professor Lee joined the University Libraries in 1995 as a Science Reference Librarian. He serves the library needs of students, faculty, and staff in the College of Pharmacy and the Departments of Chemistry, Biology, and Environmental Sciences. In addition, as Electronic Information Services Librarian, he serves as the University Libraries' webmaster and the primary contact for electronic reference services, including the AskIt@utnet.utoledo.edu e-mail service and the IM/Chat with a Librarian services.
Publications & Presentations
- Atwood, Thomas A. and Wade M. Lee (2007). The Price of Deviance: Schoolhouse Gothic in Prep School Literature. Children's Literature 35. 102-126.
- Lee, Wade M. and Thomas Atwood (2005). The Prep School Paradox : Schoolhouse Gothic and the Price of Individuality. Presented at Deviance & Defiance: Seventh Biennial Conference of the International Gothic Association, Montreal, Quebec. August 14, 2005.
- Lee, Wade (2003) Consortial Chat Reference: The OhioLINK Experience. Presented at Behind the Screen: Electronic Reference in the 21st Century: The Michigan Library Association Reference Division Workshop, Lansing, MI., May 2, 2003
- Lee, Wade M. and Robin N. Sinn (2002). Scientists and the Journal Article: Choice for Access. Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery, and Information Supply 12(3) 37-56.
- Lee, Wade M. (2000). Publication Trends of Doctoral Students in Three Fields from 1965-1995. Journal of the American Society for Information Science51(2) 139-144.
- Lee, Wade M. (1999). Providing Reference Services Electronically. Poster Session at 1999 Academic Libraries Association of Ohio (ALAO) Annual Conference, Columbus, OH, November 12, 1999.
- Lee, Wade M. and Gary Wiggins (1997). Alternative Methods for Teaching Chemical Information to Undergraduates. Science & Technology Libraries 16(3/4) 31-44.
- (republished as Lee, Wade M. and Gary Wiggins (1997). Alternative Methods for Teaching Chemical Information to Undergraduates. in Chemical Librarianship: Challenges and Opportunities, Arleen N. Somerville, Ed. (Binghamton, NY: Haworth, 1997), pp. 31-44)
- Professor Lee also reviews science books for Library Journal and formerly for E-STREAMS. Latest books reviewed include:
University & College Service
- Advisory Committee for Undergraduate Research, 2010-present, Chair, 2011-2012
- OhioLINK User Services Committee representative, 2001-present, Chair 2003-2004
- OhioLINK Web Reference Committee member 2001-2006, Chair 2004-2006.
- Faculty Senator, 2002-2005, Executive Committee member 2005
- Faculty Senate Academic Programs Committee Chair, 2003-2005.
- University Committee on Academic Personnel, 2005-2006.