Criminal justice explores the prevention and control of crime, juvenile delinquency,
and the administration of justice. Police, prosecution, courts, correctional, and
private agencies are all part of the criminal justice system. Organizations involved
with crime control, public safety, security, and regulated legal services and functions
play a significant role as well.
Sound Like You?Help others • Work with diverse groups of people • Have a professional career
Standout features of the School of Social Justice:
View Sample Curriculum
- Online Master of Arts in Criminal Justice (MACJ) degree and Online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (BSCJ) degree - Students can earn the degree entirely though online course work.
- Partnership with Schoolcraft Community College in Michigan and Terra State Community College in Ohio to offer the BSCJ degree.
- Accredited BSW degree and MSW degree - Both programs are fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education in the United States.
- Internships - Our students gain real-world experience at criminal justice agencies, social service organizations and government agencies.
- Teaching courtroom - Law courses are taught by attorneys in The McQuade Courtroom on UT’s Main Campus — a high-tech courtroom/classroom — providing our students a real courtroom atmosphere.
- National award-winning Mock Trial Team - The Mock Trial Team has placed at national mock trial competitions.
- Integration of research and practice – The faculty consists of highly productive researchers and excellent professors with a rich experience in criminal justice, social work and legal field.
- Minor in forensic science investigation – it provides an overview of the importance of forensic science evidence in the criminal justice system.
- Institute of Human Trafficking and Social Justice.
- The MA and EdS degrees in School Psychology are fully approved by the National Association of School Psychologists. Third-year School Psychology students typically receive paid field-placements.
- Graduates of the PhD in Higher Education program hold executive leadership roles at regional and national universities and colleges. The Masters in Higher Education program can be completed either through an on-campus route of entry or fully online.
- Counseling interns gain real-world experience in regional schools and community mental health treatment centers & have a 100% pass rate on the State of Ohio school counseling and clinical mental health counseling licensure exams.
- The counselor education faculty members, students & programs have received numerous awards over the past 10 years for research, leadership, teaching and service.
- The masters and doctoral degrees in counselor education are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
Bachelor of Science
The University of Toledo is on a mission to make college affordable for everyone.
Here are just some of the organizations you can join as a social justice:
- Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity
- Criminal Justice Society
Complete List of Organizations