Doctor of Pharmacy-PharmD
Pharmacists make sure their patients use medication safely and effectively, whether
they practice in community pharmacies, hospitals or in home care. They also perform
research or work at pharmaceutical and health-care companies. As one of the nation’s
most trusted professions, pharmacy involves drug preparation, patient counseling,
disease management and clinical investigation.
Sound Like You?Be a drug expert as part of a hospital care team • Interact with patients in a community
pharmacy setting • Participate in clinical investigations of new drugs
Standout features of UT's College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences:
View Sample Curriculum
- Outstanding test passage rates - More than 94 percent of our students pass the pharmacy board licensure exam on the first try.
- New facilities - Most of our college is housed in the Frederic and Mary Wolfe Center, which opened in fall 2010 and is a $25-million, LEED-certified building with state-of-the-art classroom and lab spaces.
- Required internship - Our students gain plenty of experience before graduation at area hospitals, pharmacies, care facilities and clinics through our internship requirement.
- Contingent admission offered - We offer a place in the PharmD program at the time of admission for high-caliber high school seniors who maintain GPA and academic requirements during their first years of study.
- First in Ohio for pharmacy teaching and value - We also rank eighth in the country in these areas.
- Our students learn and practice in a real-world, health-care environment - Our college is on the Health Science Campus, which means the UT Medical Center hospitals and clinics are literally next-door. You may not have that experience through other pharmacy programs.
Doctor of Pharmacy
The University of Toledo is on a mission to make college affordable for everyone.
Here are just some of the organizations you can join as a pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences student:
- Pharmacy Student Council
- Rho Chi Honor Society
- Student National Pharmaceutical Association
- Student Society of Health System Pharmacists
Complete List of Organizations