What are the most effective ways to teach people how to play and appreciate music?
That's what you'll learn as a music education major, and a combination of exceptional
faculty and facilities make UT an ideal learning environment.
Sound Like You?Teach music to elementary, middle or high school students • Pursue a career as a professional
Standout features of UT's Judith Herb College of Education:
View Sample Curriculum
- Four years to complete all bachelor's degree programs - Once students start as education majors, they can finish any program within four years.
- More field placements - Our college gives students several field placements in different settings and schools before they start student-teaching. This means they are better prepared for the classroom.
- Focus on math and science education - Much of the demand in Ohio and other states is for teachers in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields. Thanks to our partnerships, grants and faculty research, we are a leader in these areas of teacher preparation.
- Better preparation for teaching in urban and diverse settings - Thanks to our close partnerships with Toledo area schools, our students get experience and coursework centered around the unique needs of today's students.
- Master's, education specialist and Ph.D. programs - Our undergraduate students benefit from the high-caliber faculty and resources that are attracted by these upper-level programs.
- 2+2 completion program for Early Childhood - We offer a program for individuals with an associate's degree working in a day care to earn their bachelor's degree within two years, completely online.
Bachelor of Education
4- to 4 ½-year program
The University of Toledo is on a mission to make college affordable for everyone.
Here are just some of the organizations you can join as an education student:
- Collegiate Middle Level Association
- Council for Exceptional Students
- Higher Education Student Association
- The Mentoring Collaborate
Complete List of Organizations