- INCOMING MSBS STUDENTS
- BS/MS UT Pipeline Program
~5.5yr with Dept. of Biological
Sciences (HTML version)
- BS/MS UT/Univ. Findlay
Pipeline Program ~5yr with
Dept. of Biology/Findlay
- PSM Degree - Professional
Science Masters (HTML version)
PDF Color Schedule here
- BPG Core Courses (Certificate)
- Curriculum for MSBS Degree
- CURRICULUM AT-A-GLANCE
ALL Degrees (PDF format)
- Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program: 5.5yr Dual Degree
- BPG "NEWS"
- BPG Brochure (HTML version)
- Genomics Core Lab
- Grants and Awards
- Recent Publications
- BPG Databases
- BPG Faculty
- Contact Information
- BioInfoOhio Consortium
Graduate School Handbook
Health Science Campus
Health Education Building & Center for Creative Education Building
BPG Computer Classroom: HEB 1st Floor, Room #127
Genomic Core Lab: HEB 2nd Floor, Room #200
BPG Office: CCE 3rd Floor, Lobby
UT/Findlay University Dual-Degree "Pipeline" Program
(BS Biology/MS Bioinformatics)
STARTING FALL 2014
The University of Toledo and The University of Findlay now have an agreement allowing Findlay biology majors to complete the graduate portion of the pipeline at The University of Toledo. Students would begin this Program at the end of their second year.
HOW IT WORKS:
If you are in Findlay's BS program in Biological Sciences, you will take up to 9 credit hours of graduate coursework that will count towards BOTH the BS degree and the MS degree in bioinformatics. Advantages to you:
- Receive a BS in biology and an MS in bioinformatics in ~5 years
- Save between 1-2 years tuition costs and time, if you had taken both degrees separately
- Save on housing costs associated with the extra time
- The GRE score will be waived
- UT application fee will be waived
WHO CAN APPLY:
- Full-time students who have completed four semesters (or equivalent cr hrs), and declared biology as their major
- Students who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4-pt scale), and 3.3 in biology courses
REQUIREMENTS/HOW TO APPLY:
1) Contact Dr. Bethany Henderson-Dean, program chair, Department of Natural Sciences at UF.
Phone: 419-434-4701 or email: email@example.com.
2) Complete an application form and submit
3) A minimum GPA of 3.0 or greater (on a 4.0 scale) in all courses
4) A minimum of 3.3 GPA in biology courses taken to the date of application.
5) Submit two letters of recommendation, one from your faculty advisor in the Dept.
of Natural Sciences, and the
other from a UF faculty member who knows you well enough to write a meaningful letter.
6) Submit a statement of purpose
7) Submit your resume
8) If your native language is not English, submit TOEFL scores (550 or higher for
paper-administered version, 213 or
higher for computer-administered version, and 80 or higher for Internet-administered version.
When Findlay students begin taking the graduate portion of their studies, they will be eligible for Choose Ohio First Scholarship, IF they are Ohio residents. This is a tuition-only scholarship, made possible by the Choose Ohio First tuition scholarship program.
Additional details for the University of Findlay, including contact information, can
be found on Findlay's pipeline web page:
For questions or additional information, please contact Jo Anne Gray at The University of Toledo, in the Program in Bioinformatics & Proteomics/Genomics, at 419-383-6883 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org