UT/Findlay University Dual-Degree "Pipeline" Program
(BS Biology/MS Bioinformatics)
STARTING FALL 2014
The University of Toledo and The University of Findlay now have an agreement allowing Findlay biology majors to complete the graduate portion of the pipeline at The University of Toledo. Students begin this Program at the end of their second year.
HOW IT WORKS:
If you are in Findlay's BS program in Biological Sciences, you will take up to 9 credit hours of graduate coursework that will count towards BOTH the BS degree and the MS degree in bioinformatics. Advantages to you:
- Receive a BS in biology and an MS in bioinformatics in ~5.5 years
- Save between 1-2 years tuition costs and time, compared to earning both degrees separately
- Save on housing costs associated with the extra time
- The GRE exam is waived, though International students must take the TOEFL.
- UT application fee will be waived
- You must be a full-time student who has completed four semesters (or equivalent cr hrs), and declared biology as your major
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4-pt scale), and 3.3 in biology courses
1) Contact Dr. Bethany Henderson-Dean, program chair, Department of Natural Sciences at UF. Phone: 419-434-4701 or email: email@example.com.
2) Complete an application form and submit
3) Submit two letters of recommendation, one from your faculty advisor in the Dept. of Natural Sciences, and the other from a UF faculty member who knows you well enough to write a meaningful letter.
6) Submit a statement of purpose
7) Submit your resume
8) If your native language is not English, submit TOEFL scores (550 or higher for paper-administered version, 213 or higher for computer=administered version, and 80 or higher for Internet-administered version.
When Findlay students begin taking the graduate portion of their studies, they will be eligible for a limited number of tuition waivers and stipends.
Additional details for the University of Findlay, including contact information, can be found on Findlay's pipeline web pages:
For questions or additional information: BRIMEducation@utoledo.edu