Our residents receive hands-on experience in a variety of medical specialties staffed by our world-class teaching faculty. Learn more
A majority of our residents have matched into the fellowships of their choice. Learn more
peer reviewed publications
Many of our residents have been published in peer-reviewed journals and have presented at local and national conferences. Learn more
- University-quality training.
- Wide variety of complex patients.
- Very high faculty stability and retention.
- Faculty dedicated to teaching.
- Dynamic curriculum.
- Fellowships available in Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, Oncology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
- UTMC has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a best regional hospital for 2015.
- Scored in the 90th percentile on the ACP In-Training Exam among IM programs nationwide.
- High number of residents pursuing tuition-free Masters in Public Health or Graduate Certificates in Epidemiology and Public Health.
- High publication to resident ratio.
- Excellent cultural diversity among residents.