- Medicine Home
- Academic Division Pages
- Clinical Division Pages
- Residency Program
- Fellowship Program
- Internal Medicine Clerkship
- General Internal Medicine
- Affiliated Groups
- Grand Rounds
Medicine Residency Program
- Program Description
- Program Goals and Objectives
- Program Benefits
- Program Policies
- Simulation Lab
- Clinical Scientist Pathway
- IM Residency Schedule
- Peer Reviewed Publishing
- Residents as Teachers
- National Awards and Honors
- Resident and Faculty Evaluation
- Resident Competency Score Card
- Graduating Residents
- Residency Newsletter
- Resident Recruitment
- How to Apply
- Contact Information
Health Science Campus
Ruppert Health CenterRoom # 0012
Fax: 419.383.6244 email@example.com
Residents should engage in scholastic activities in concurrence with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) common program requirements1. A survey of 390 program directors demonstrated that 10% of residents published articles in peer-reviewed journals2. We are proud to announce that over the last three years, our residents published 58 articles in peer-reviewed journals. This amounts to more than one publication per resident. The publications by our Internal Medicine Residents over the last five years are listed below:
1. Saad Y, Yerga-Woolwine S, Saikumar J3, Farms P, Manickavasagam E, Toland EJ, Joe B. Congenic interval mapping of RNO10 reveals a complex cluster of closely-linked genetic determinants of blood pressure. Hypertension 2007 Nov 50 (5):891-8
2. Bruhl4, Lanka K3, Imran N4, Colyer W5. Pneumopericardial Tamponade Resulting from a Spontaneous Gastropericardial Fistula. CICULATIONAHA/2007/734236
3. Shafiq Q3, Bashir R5. Images in cardiovascular medicine. ST-segment elevations secondary to electrical cardioversion. Circulation. 2007 Nov; 116(19): e519-20.
4. Saeed B2, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES. Percutaneous coronary intervention in tortuous coronary arteries: associated complications and strategies to improve success. J Interv Cardiol. 2008 Dec 21(6): 504-11. Epub 2008 Aug 13.
5. Tayeb Z, Hafeez F, Shafiq Q3. Successful treatment of nummular headache. Cephalalgia. 2008 Aug;28(8):897-8. Epub 2008 Jun 28.
6. El-Okdi N, Smaili S, Raju V, Shidyak A2 Gupta S, Fedorova L, Elkareh J, Periyasamy S, Shapiro A, Kahaleh MB, Malhotra D5, Xie Z, Chin K, and Shapiro J5 Effects of cardiotonic steroids on dermal collagen synthesis and wound healing. J PPL Phyaiol 105: 30-36, 2008. First published May 15, 2008.
7. Khalil Kanjwal MD, Mohd Shaffi MD4, Asma Taj, MD2, Fuad Jan MD Acute respiratory failure in right ventricular myocardial infarction and role of Nitric oxide., Int J of Medicine. 2008 Vol 7 NO: 2
8. Brilakis E, Saeed B2, Banerjee , Use of Drug-Eluting Stents in Saphenous Vein Aortocoronary Bypass Graft Lesions: A Critical Appraisal. Journal of Interventional Cardiology Vol. 21, No. 2, 2008.
9. Kanjwal M4, Taj A2. Acute respiratory failure in right ventricular myocardial infarction and role of Nitric oxide. The Internet Journal of Internal Medicine 2008: Volume 7, No 2.
10. Kis ES, Saeed B2, Banerjee S. Use of drug-eluting stents in saphenous vein aortocoronary bypasses graft lesions: a critical appraisal. J Interv Cardiol. 2008 Apr;21(2):151-7. Epub 2008 Feb 28.
11. Saeed B2, Banerjee S, Brilakis E. Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Tortuous Coronary Arteries: Associated Complications and Strategies to Improve Success. Journal of Interventional Cardiology Vol. 21, No. 6, 2008.
12. Muzaffar M2, Taj A2, Sethi N4, Kaw D5 Rapidly Progressing Glomerulomephritis Secondary to Henoch-Schonlein Purpura Treat with Mycophenolate Mofetil: A Case Report with Atypical Etiology and Presentation. American Journal of Therapeutics. 2009 Jul 24.
13. Asma Taj2 , Shaffi Kanjwal4 Ragheb A. Assaly5 , Jeffrey R. Hammersley5. Pulmonary Capillaritis in a classical polyarteritis nodosa. Int J of Pulmonary medicine, 2009 Volume 11 Number 2.
14. Asma Taj2 , Shaffi Kanjwal4, Jeffrey R Hammersley5. New onset acute interstitial lung disease following treatment with Erlotinib in a patient of metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. Accepted American Journal of Therapeutics –September 2009.
15. Muzaffar, M2, Taj, A2, Sethi4, N,. Kaw, D.5 Rapidly Progressing Glomerulonephritis Secondary to Henoch-Schonlein Purpura Treated With Mycophenolate Mofetil: A Case Report With Atypical Etiology and Presentation. Am J Ther. 2009 Jul 24.
16. Muzaffar, M2, Ratnam, Shobha5. Aggressive post-Transplant lymphoproliferative disease secondary to Alemtuzumab. Am J Ther (Nov 14, 2009).
17. Taj, A2. Muzaffar, M2, Kaw, D.5, Atrial Myxoma in a patient of fever with unknown etiology. Accepted for publication in Internet Journal of Oncology.
18. Rekha Chaudhary, Asma Taj2. Plasmablastic lymphoma of colon in a HIV negative patient. A case report. /Blood disorders Accepted for publication Oct/09 in Clinical Medicine.
19. Bruhl SR4, Lanka K3, Colyer WR.5 Pneumopericardial Tamponade resulting from a spontaneous Gastropericardial fistula. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. 2009 Apr 1; 73(5): 666-8.
20. Atta a, Muzaffar M2, Ingram V. Ca 2+ within the physiological contractions, selectively accelerates a 42 fibril formation and not a 40 in vitro. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1794 (2009):1537-1548.
21. Atman D, Saeed B2, et al. Prior coronary artery bypass graft surgery patients undergoing diagnostic coronary angiography have multiple uncontrolled coronary artery disease risk factors and risk for cardiovascular events. Heart Vessel (2009) 24:241-246
22. N. Shahid3, S. Bruhl4, B. Saeed2, U. Pandya5. Chronic Stress resulting in Broken heart syndrome. Chronic Stress resulting in ‘Broken Heart’ Syndrome. The Internet Journal of Cardiology. 2009 Volume 7 Number 1.
23. R. Qadir 3, A. Ara & A. Taj2. Group B streptococcal tricuspid valve endocarditis after abortion, presenting with septic emboli to the lungs.. The Internet Journal of Cardiovascular Research. 2009 Volume 6 Number 2.
24. Ta er F, Shafiq Q, Toker S. Coexistence of anomalous m. peroneus tertius and longitudinal tear in the m. peroneus brevis tendon. Eklem Hastalik Cerrahisi.2009;20(3):165-8. Pub Med PMID: 19958274.
25. Shafiq Q3, Bashir R5. Images in cardiovascular medicine. ST-segment in an immunocompetent host due to Cytomegalovirus Infection. The Internet Journal of Cardiovascular Research. 2009 Volume 6 Number 2.
26. Mujeeb Sheikh MD3, Satjit Adlakha DO4, Mangeet Chahal MD4, Steven Bruhl MD4, Utpal Pandya MD*, Bilal Saeed2 MD. Accepted to Cardiology Journal 2009.
27. Rehana Qadir MD3, Anjum Ara MD, Asma Taj, MD2, Group B Streptococcal tricuspid valve endocarditis after abortion, presenting with septic emboli to lungs.. Journal of Cardiovascular Research.2009 Vol 6 No: 2
28. Ahmad, A3, Muzaffar, M2, Ingram, VM. Ca(2+), within the physiological concentrations, selectively accelerates Abeta 42 fibril formation and not Abeta40 in vitro. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009 Oct 1794 (10): 1537-48.
29. Taj, A2. Muzaffar, M2, Ratnam, Shobha5. Renal cell cancer in renal transplant graft after twenty years of Transplantation. Internet Journal of Oncology (Accepted for publication July 2009)
30. Abu Sham'a RA, Darwazah AK, Kufri FH, Yassin IH, Torok N.2 Mets and cardiovascular risk factors among Palestinians of East Jerusalem. East Mediter Health J. 2009 Nov-Dec;15(6):1464-73. Pub Med PMID: 20218139.
31. Elkareh J, Periyasamy S, Shidyak A2, Vetteth S, Schroeder J, Raju V, Hariri I, El-Okdi N, Gupta S, Fedorova L, Liu J, Fedorova O, Kahaleh MB5, Xie Z, Malhotra D5, Watson D, Bagrov A, Shapiro5. Marinobufagenun induces increases in procollagen expression in a process involving protein kinase C and Fli-1: implications for uremic cardiomyopathy. AM J Physiol Renal Physiol 296: F1219-F1226, 2009.
32. Q. Shafiq3, I. Mohamed5. Concomitant Occurrence of the Left Atrial Myxoma and Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST): A Case Report. The Internet Journal of Cardiology. 2009 Volume 7 Number 2.
33. Fuad Jan, Hina Mehboob, Rehana Qadir1, Arif Jan & Khalil Kanjwal Splenic vascular thrombosis in an immunocompetent host due to Cytomegalovirus Infection. The Internet Journal of Cardiovascular Research. 2009 Volume 6 Number 2.
34. Torok N. MD2, Niazi M. MD1, Al ahwel y. MD1, Taleb M. MD1, Taji J.MD4, Assaly R. MD5. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura associated with anti-glomerular basement membrane disease Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010 Oct;25(10):3446-9. Epub 2010 Jul 21.
35. Ghose A1, Tariq Z1, Taj A2, Chaudhary R5 . Acute Dyspnea from treatment of Al Amyloidosis with Bortezomib. Am J Ther. 2010 Mar 19. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 20335791
36. Asma Taj2, Mehvish Muzaffar2, Sheikh Rehmat, Ullah , Rehana Qadir3 Shobha Ratnam5. In press 2010 in Int J of Oncology.
37. Shafiq Q3, Mutgi A5, Shafiq Q, Mutgi A. False-Positive Urine Opiate Screen due to Levofloxacin. Accepted for publication in CMAJ. February 2010.
38. Saeed B2, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES. Slow Flow After Stenting of a Coronary Lesion with a Near-Infrared Spectroscopy-Detected Circumferential Lipid Core Plaque. EuroIntervention. 2010 Sep;6(4):545.
39. Brilakis ES, Saeed B, Banerjee S. Drug-eluting stents in saphenous vein graft interventions: a systematic review. EuroIntervention. 2010 Jan;5(6):722-30.
40. Rehana Qadir1, Khalil Kanjwal4 Severe Bradycardia, with a prominent J wave refractory to atropine. Was it a cause or a result of a fall? A case report and a brief review on the treatment of hypothermia. American Journal of therapeutics. Jan 2010.
41. Torok N2, Malouh AA3, Kasmani R3, Abusamieh M. Cavitary lung lesions in systemic lupus: an unusual presentation. Lupus. 2010 Apr 21. [Epub ahead of print] Pub Med PMID: 20410152.
42. Mahvish Muzaffar2, Asma Taj2, Shobha Ratnam5. Aggressive post transplant lymphoproliferative disease in a renal transplant patient treated with alemtuzumab. Am J Ther. 2010 Nov-Dec;17(6):e230-3.
43. Taj A2, Shafiq Q3, Vijendra D4, Mohamed I5. Carboplatin induced hematuria in a patient of Breast carcinoma. AJT-20082645R1. Accepted for publication March 9, 2010.
44. Ghose A1, Sethi N4, Li G, Chaudhary R5. Chemotherapy versus surgery in primary B cell Lymphoma Masquerading as Klatskin tumor - A diagnostic and Therapeutic dilemma. Am J Ther. 2010 Mar 19. [Epub ahead of print] 20335788
45. Jagannath Saikumar 3, Guiyuan Li, Rekha Chaudhary5 Reversible Neuropathy after Chemotherapy for Metastatic Adenocarcinoma from an Unknown Primary Tumor to the Sural Nerve.– Accepted for publication in Journal of American Therapeutics. Feb 2010.
46. Alfaris N1. Autoimmune Thyroid Disease and Sjogren’s Syndrome. Journal of Clinical Rheumatology. 2010;16 (3): 146-7.
47. Nazzal, Maisa MD4; Safi, Fadi2 MD; Arma, Freda MD; Nazzal, Mustafa MD; Muzaffar, Mahvish2 MD; Assaly, Ragheb MD5 Micafungin-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: A Case Report and Review of the Literature American Journal of Therapeutics: 19 March 2010 doi: 10.1097/MJT.0b013e3181d5e401.
48. Sofi AA2, Gottwald L5, Bohman K, Kaw D5 Bullous pemphigoid associated with Acute Renal Allograft Rejection - Transplantation 2010 Feb 15;89(3):368-9.
49. Sofi AA2, Herial N, Ali I5 Valproate induced Hyper-acute Hyperammonemic Coma in a patient with Systemic Hypocarnitinemia. Am J Ther. 2010 Mar 11. [Epub ahead of print].
50. Mashhood Kakroo , M.D, Saima Abbass4, M.D, Rehana Qadir , M.D, Mujeeb Sheikh4, M.D Paradoxical embolic complications in patient with a previously repaired congenital sinus venosus defect. New Cardiovascular Horizons.2010. New Orleans.
51. Ira Surolia MD2 et al. Functionally effective germline variants of sialic acid acetylesterase in autoimmunity. Nature. 2010 Jul 8;466(7303):243-7. Epub 2010 Jun 16.
52. Klynberg RL, Sofi AA2, Chaudhary R5. Hand-Foot hyperpigmentation skin lesions associated with combination gemcitabine-carboplatin (GemCarbo) therapy. Am J Ther. 2011 Nov;18(6):e261-3.
53. Moza A, Prashar R, Bawany M. Anomalous origin of right coronary artery associated with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. Am J Med Sci. 2011; 342(4): 341-2
54. Choy E, Hornicek F, MacConaill L, Harmon D, Tariq Z, Garraway L, Duan Z. High Throughput Genotyping In Osteosarcoma Identifies Multiple Activating Mutations In Pik3ca And Other Oncogenes. Cancer. 2012 Jun 1;118(11):2905-14. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26617. Epub 2011 Oct 17.
55. Torok N. MD, Assaly RA. MD. Is there a link between thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and antiglomerular basement membrane disease? Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2011 2059-2060.
56. Bawany M. Z, Bhutto B., Nawras A., Sodeman T. Acute liver failure: An uncommon complication of commonly used medication. Am J Ther. 2011 Jun 3. [Epub ahead of print]
57. Bawany M. Z., Tariq Z., Sodeman T., Mutgi A. Malignant Hypertension Masquerading as Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. British Journal of Medical Practitioner. May 2011.
58. Tian J, Shidyak A, Periyasamy SM, Haller S, Taleb M, El-Okdi N, Elkareh J, Gupta S, Gohara S, Fedorova OV, Cooper CJ, Xie Z, Malhotra D, Bagrov AY, Shapiro JI. Spironolactone attenuates experimental uremic cardiomyopathy by antagonizing marinobufagenin. Hypertension. 2011 Mar; 57(3):e13.
59. Nasser Samir El-Okdi MS4, Daniel Lumbrezer MS4, Djuro Karanovic MS4, Abhimanyu Ghose, M.D. Ragheb Assaly Serotonin syndrome following the use of tramadol and ziprasidone in a patient with a deep brain stimulator for Parkinson's disease in press October 2011 American Journal of Medical Therapeutics.
60. Anis Toumeh, M.D. Navpreet Josh M.D, Rawan Narwal, M.D., Ragheb Assaly M.D Refractory Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura associated with Primary Sjogren’s syndrome Treated with Rituximab. In Press December 2011. American Journal of Medical Therapeutics,
61. Tariq Z1, Ghose A1, Mohamed I5. Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor with Primary Resistance to Imatinib and Extensive Bone Metastases. Am J Ther. 2011 Sep;18(5):e188-90
62. Tariq Z1, Ghose A1, Mohamed I5. Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor with Primary Resistance to Imatinib and Extensive Bone Metastases. Am J Ther. 2011 Sep;18(5):e188-90
63. M Siddiqui, Nauman Siddiqui, Awareness of Dementia among General Population of Islamabad/Rawalpindi Pak JNEURO Sci 2011; 6(3):1-4
64. Safi F, Toumeh A, Abuissa Qadan MA, Karaz R, Alakdar B, Assaly R. Management of familial hypertriglyceridemia induced pancreatitis during pregnancy with therapeutic plasma exchange: a case report and review of literature. Am J Ther. 2012 Aug 23. [Epub ahead of print]
65. Siddiqui N, Toumeh A, Georgescu C. Tibial osteomyelitis caused by Gordonia bronchialis in an immunocompetent patient. J Clin Microbiol. 2012 Sep;50(9):3119-21. Epub 2012 Jun 12.
66. Thotakura R,Thotakura S, Sofi A, Bawany M, Nawras A. Synchronous EUS-Guided Choledochoduodenostomy with Metallic Biliary and Duodenal Stents Placement in a Patient with Malignant Papillary Tumor. Journal of interventional Gastroenterology 2012. In Press.
67. Bawany M, Thotakura R, Silverman A, Nawras A. Golimumab may induce exacerbation of inflammatory bowel disease when it is used for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis: A case report with a review of literature. American Journal of Therpeutics 2012. In Press.
68. Moza A, Sheikh M, Rock – Willoughby J, Cooper C, Kanjwal Y. Idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome presenting with cardiac tamponade. Accepted for publication in Heart and Lung 2012. PMID: 22770997
69. Moza A, Taleb M, Cooper CJ, Burket M.W. Percutaneous coronary intervention through unintentional sheath placement in the inferior epigastric artery. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2012. PMID: 22875748
70. Moza A, Kundu R, Almasri H, Ghose A, Assaly R. Intravenous lipid emulsion in wide complex arrhythmia with alternating bundle branch block pattern from cocaine overdose. Polish Heart Journal 2012. In Press.
71. Anis Toumeh, MD, Richard Phinney, MD, Peter Kobalka, MD, Iman Mohamed, MD, MPH. Bilateral myeloid sarcoma of the breast and the cerebrospinal fluid as a relapse of acute myeloid leukemia post stem cell transplantation: a case report. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2012.
72. Bawany M, Rafiq E, Thotakura R, McPhee M, Nawras A. Successful diagnosis and management of recurrent biliary colic caused by pancreaticujejunostomy stent migration after Whipple procedure. Journal of Interventional Gastroenterology 2012. In Press.
73. Rafiq E, Alaradi O, Bawany M, Nawras A. Combination of Snare Polypectomy and APC Therapy for Prolapsing Common Bile Duct Adenoma. Journal of Interventional Gastroenterology 2012. In Press.
74. Shahul VH, Ashraf Z, Rawan N. Shobha R.. Conservative treatment of post-transplant central nervous system lymphoma. International urology and nephrology. 2012 Apr; Epub ahead of print; PMID: 22476860.
75. Ashraf Z, Shahul VH, Taleb M, Tinkel J. A rare case of benzocaine induced methaemoglobinaemia. American Journal of Cardiology. 2012 May; Publication Status: Submitted
76. Bawany M. Z., Alaradi O., Nawras A. Caroli’s syndrome in a post renal transplant patient: Case report and review of literature. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2012 Jan-Feb;18(1):59-61.
77. David n. Gachoka, MD, Mujeeb Sheikh, MD, Yousef Al Ahwel, MD, Blair P. Grubb, MD, FACC, Jeffrey Hammersley, MD, Sadik Khuder, PhD and Yousuf Kanjwal, MD, FACC. QT prolongation during therapeutic hypothermia of sudden cardiac arrest patients does not cause predisposition to ventricular arrhythmias the journal of innovations in cardiac rhythm management, 3 (2012), 1–5. In press.
78. Xiang K, Earl D, Dwyer T, Behrle BL, Tietz EI, Greenfield LJ Jr., Hypoxia enhances high-voltage-activated calcium currents in rat primary cortical neurons via calcineurin. Epilepsy Res. 2012 May; 99(3):293-305. Epub 2012 Jan 13. PMID: 22245138.
79. Sam Ghali M.D., Keith Lewis, Viviane Kazan M. D., Neezam Altorok M.D., Jamil Taji M.D., Mohammad Taleb M.D., Kiranmayee Lanka M.D., and Ragheb A. Assaly, M.D., Fluctuation of spuriously elevated troponin I: A Case Report. Case Reports in Critical Care in press March 2012.
80. Yan Steven Smith, MS3, Donald Lloyd Whisler, MS3, Fadi Safi, M.D. Ragheb Assaly, M.D. Dark Chocolate Brown Arterial Blood Following Bronchscopy. American Journal of Medical Sciences. June 2012.
81. Jason Lather, MS4, Haitham Elsamaloty MD, Ragheb Assaly MD. False appearance of free air under the diaphragm. American Journal of Medical Sciences. May 2012.
82. Moza A, Sofi A. Radiological Signs in Achalasia. Am J Med Sci. 2012. PMID: 22227515
83. Anis Toumeh, MD*, Richard Phinney, MD*, Peter Kobalka, MD*, Iman Mohamed, MD, MPH*. Bilateral myeloid sarcoma of the breast and the cerebrospinal fluid as a relapse of acute myeloid leukemia post stem cell transplantation: a case report. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2012.
84. Torok N. MD2, Donaldson B.MS, Taji j. MD4, Abugiazya A. MD2, Assaly R. MD5. Diffuse alveolar damage and recurrent respiratory failure secondary to Sertaline.. Am J Ther. 2012 Jul;19(4):e132-5.
85. Tariq Z1, Ghose A1, Sofi A2, Iman M5, Harmon D. Metastatic renal extraskeletal Ewing's sarcoma in complete remission for the last eight years. Am J Ther. 2012 May;19(3):120-1.
86. Hamzeh Almasri2, Ankush Moza3, Ammar Kayyali2, Sadik Khuder5, Ragheb Assaly5.Resident perceptions regarding teaching medical students. Medical Teacher. October 2012
87. Abdelkarim A2, Almohammadi A, AhmadJee A, Yu S1, Apostolis M4, Olson D5 , Assaly R5. Empyema Due To Severe Pasteurella Multocida Empyema Treated with Quinolone. Am J Ther. Accepted December 2012.
88. Aggarwal V2, Bullock M3, Siddiqui N2, Larry Krill5, Rashid S5 and Tao S5. Visual loss and bilateral dilated nonreactive pupils in a uremic patient. Kidney International (2013) 83, 535–536; doi:10.1038/ki.2012.362
89. Kayyali A3, Toumeh A3, Jiang Y3, Youssef W5. Gangrenous cholecystitis complicating pancreatic head adenocarcinoma: a case report. Transl Gastrointest Cancer 2013 Feb 18. doi: 10.3978/j.issn.2224-4778.2013.02.01
90. Khan AR1, Riaz M, Bin Abdulhak AA, Al-Tannir MA, Garbati MA, et al. The Role of Statins in Prevention and Treatment of Community Acquired Pneumonia: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. PLoS ONE 8(1): e52929. 2013. doi:10.1371/ journal.pone. 0052929
91. Goustin AS, Derar N2, Abou-Samra AB. Ahsg-fetuin blocks the metabolic arm of insulin action through its interaction with the 95-kD β-subunit of the insulin receptor. 2013. Cellular Signalling. 25: 981-988.
92. Vacek TP1, Qipshidze N, Tyagi SC Hydrogen sulfide and sodium nitroprusside compete to activate/deactivate MMPs in bone tissue homogenates. Vasc Health Risk Manag. March 2013 Volume 2013:9, 117 – 123
93. Givvimani S, Kundu S, Narayanan N, Armaghan F, Qipshidze N, Pushpakumar S, Vacek TP1, Tyagi SC. TIMP-2 mutant decreases MMP-2 activity and augments pressure overload induced LV dysfunction and heart failure. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2013 May;119(2):65-74. doi: 10.3109/13813455.2012.755548.
94. Vacek TP1, Kalani A, Voor MJ, Tyagi SC, Tyagi N. The role of homocysteine in bone remodeling.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2013 Mar 1;51(3):579-90. doi: 10.1515/cclm-2012-0605.
95. Luni FK1, Moza A3, Sheikh M4, Coker MF, Srivasvi KC4, Lewis TJ, Kanjwal Y5. Non-obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with left ventricular aneurysm: role of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in this rare disease. Tex Heart Inst J. Accepted 2013.
KEY: Medical Student MS, PGY 11, PGY 22, PGY 33, Fellow4, Attending (Faculty)5.
1. Common Program Requirements. http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/dutyhours/dh_dutyhourscommonpr07012007.pdf
2. Levine RB, Hebert RS, Wright SM. Resident research and scholarly activity in internal medicine residency training programs. J Gen Intern Med. 2005;20:155–159