Welcome to the Department of Pediatrics
- Educational Conferences
- Pediatric Residency Program
- Pediatric Clerkship for Medical Students
- 2010 Pediatrics for the Practicing Physician Conference
- Adolescent Health Day
- Faculty Development Tools
- Faculty and Department Highlights
- Job/Faculty Positions Available
- Department Contact Information
- Resident Logging Superpage
Contact Us2222 Cherry Street, Suite 1100
Phone: 419.251.8050 email@example.com
Residents rotating through the Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit work closely with Neonatologists, nursing staff, respiratory
social services. Residents respond to high-risk deliveries, perform procedures and manage the daily care of their patients.
Residents rotate for
a total of three months during their residency.
During the course of the Intensive Care Nursery months, the Resident learns to manage the very low birth weight infant, respiratory distress syndrome and bronchopulmonary dysplasia, sepsis in the neonate, congenital heart disease, and a variety of other conditions affecting neonates. The resident is an integral part of a team caring for premature and acutely ill neonates.
For more, visit the NICU webpage at Toledo Children's Hospital.