- Baccalaureate from a school that is accredited by a nationally recognized body for
accreditation of post-secondary education
- Overall grade point average of 3.0 in undergraduate work
- Submission of online UT College of Graduate Studies Application
- Three letters of recommendation (using UT forms)
- A minimum of two semesters of coursework in the biological sciences with a B or better,
two semesters of coursework in chemistry with a B or better, and one semester of College
Algebra (or higher) with a B or better.
- Satisfactory completion of a course in medical terminology and/or pass a medical terminology
proficiency examination. Candidates who are unable to pass the medical terminology
proficiency examination will be required to participate in a self-study program and
pass a re-test
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and TOEFL are required for international students
- Interview, if requested
Although not required, shadowing an organ procurement coordinator is highly recommended.