- College of Medicine Viewbook
- Degree Offerings
- Medical School Pathways
- Admission Criteria
- Application Process
- Pre-Medical School Programs
- Overview of Medical School
- Academic Enrichment
- Transferring to UT Medical School
- MD Curriculum
- Dean of the College of Medicine
- Admissions Office Staff
- Class Profile
- UTCOM Match Summary
- The University of Toledo
- The University of Toledo Medical Center
- The Health Science Campus
- Toledo, Ohio
College of Medicine Policies
- Minimal Technical Standards
- Request for Transfer to the College of Medicine
- Process and Criteria for Achievement of Diversity and Excellence in the College of Medicine Class
- Guidelines for the Baccalaureate Degree into MD Program
- All College of Medicine Policies
Health Science Campus
Mulford Library Building419-383-4229 email@example.com
Obtain information about the American health care system and the health status of the populations from:
- People (relatives, friends, school teachers, school counselors, local physicians)
- Printed materials (library books, pamphlets, brochures, magazines)
- Programs (your school, other schools, community agencies, colleges, clinics, hospitals, medical schools)
- Organizations (join appropriate student associations or, if non-exist, inquire about creating such associations)
Obtain information from the above mentioned sources about responsibilities of being a physician and what it takes to become one
If you have any interest in medicine whatsoever high school is the time to begin your academic preparation.
Enroll in the college preparatory segment of your school curriculum. Be certain to enroll in courses such as:
Even if you do not continue on into medicine, this type of academic background will serve you well. If you discover an extreme dislike for these types of courses then you should carefully analyze your career goals and consider other possibilities.
CampMed - CampMed is a two-day intensive summer educational experience for 9th grade students that stimulate interest in science and medicine.
In so far as possible, choose the college that you will attend on the basis of its reputation for successfully preparing its students for scientific careers in general and medical careers in particular.
The Association of American Medical Colleges has launched a new web site for high school and college students considering a career in medicine at www.aamc.org/students
Opportunities at UT to explore or get a head start in your career while a college
MEDStart - an early admission program designed to accept students during their junior year of their undergraduate education.
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship - this program introduces undergraduate students to scientific research as a means of encouraging them to consider a career in medicine.
Further inquires should be addressed to:
University of Toledo
Admissions Office, College of Medicine
3045 Arlington Avenue
Toledo, OH 43614